Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishonest email?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Dishonest email?

But, @lowfam , you will not be paying the landline element of your ISPs charges.

John
lowfam
Dabbler

@jab1  That's true of course, but Fibre is inherently more expensive. eg, the slowest Plusnet fibre deal is about 24 a month I think, I currently pay less than that for my broadband and phone line combined.

jab1
Legend

No doubt you have a discount deal at the moment - there is nothing to stop you negotiating a similar deal when you have to switch to Full fibre.

John
lowfam
Dabbler

It would be nice to have a more certain timetable for these changes. Having done a bit of online research today I now know that BT are switching off their 'obsolete' land lines and switching to digital, there will be financial consequences as current phone equipment wont work on the new set up.

lowfam
Dabbler

Also, I have a contract with Plusnet untill November 2023, what will happen to that in April?

jab1
Legend

Most digital phones will work on VoIP, unless you take out 'customised' packages with, say, BT, who have their own VoIP 'solution'. I am, at the current state of play, at least 3 years away from even having the option of FTTP unless I switch to an altnet, but because even our local one is at least a year away - and I don't like being tied to a single provider, anyway, I'm happy to stay on the current network.

When we do go FTTP, I will probably not bother about the 'voice' side at all - all my contacts are given my mobile number, and apart from two friends who use landlines for personal reasons, I receive no calls on mine.

John
jab1
Legend

@lowfam wrote:

Also, I have a contract with Plusnet untill November 2023, what will happen to that in April?

You need to contact PN and discuss it with them.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

@lowfam wrote:
…, there will be financial consequences as current phone equipment wont work on the new set up.

Analogue phones can be used through an analogue telephone adapter (ATA) which converts the signal. As an example, there is one built in to the latest BT Smarthub 2, you just plug your existing phone into the back of the hub.

I suspect that many of us are learning from this topic so I am not surprised that all Plusnet agents are not yet familiar with this imminent service change.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 wrote:

I suspect that many of us are learning from this topic so I am not surprised that all Plusnet agents are not yet familiar with this imminent service change.

neither am I - it is a rather 'niche' situation for Milldenhall and Salisbury - at the moment.

John