cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with Plusnet Billing

sallysally
Hooked

Disgusted with Plusnet Billing

Without boring anyone I have been subject to Plusnet lack of billing despite them telling me it was sorted in June I found out in September it was not.  However I've now had the full bill and have desperately been trying to pay it.  Its taken numerous phone calls and complaints.  I have made an official complaint through their ADR link but was told by customer service representative I had no right to do so!  They keep restricting my service despite my attempts to sort out payment.  At 8.01 I rang them this morning was left on hold for ages (yet again), I was able to pay most of it off then but on principle I left a small amount which was agreed would go on payment plan.  Apparently their system yet again could not give them the right amounts, so he said he would call back in 2 hours.  Did he?  No of course not I rang again at 12.39 to be told they still couldn't do it and that the person I had spoken to earlier had never said he would call back in 2 hours (I have better things to do than to wait by my phone all day).  I said I wanted a supervisor to call me and was told that would take up to 4 hours.  So I have not left my house all day and guess what NOBODY has phoned me yet again.  I have never been with such a dreadful company and regret this move to plusnet so much. 

They have now twice restricted my broadband despite saying that would not happen.

I have sent a letter today asking for a deadlock code, as I have had enough.  Has anyone else had this problem?

12 REPLIES 12
Hamba
Grafter

Re: Disgusted with Plusnet Billing

It might be a good idea to send a personal message to a plusnet staff member on this forum.

if you click on Plusnet Community on the top of the page then scroll to the bottom you will see whose on line.  Click on an avatar that says staff and send them a PM.

These guys are good at sorting things out.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sallysally,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Having taken a look into the account this morning I can see that a callback was made and that you discussed this matter further. If there is anything else that we may be able to assist with then please don't hesitate to get back in touch on this thread and we'll be happy to pick this up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
sallysally
Hooked

Actually if you read the account records you will find that absolutely no one called me and I rang Plusnet yet again just before 6.00pm!  So no this matter is not resolved.  I wasted from 8.00am till 6.00pm on Saturday unable to leave my house!

sallysally
Hooked

I should also say that literally no one can sort this out, so have been told yet again that someone will be calling me today after 6.00pm where your constant account issues should have been resolved.  Also when I eventually did get to speak to someone on Saturday it was stated that no one had logged a call back not at the 8.01am call or at the 12.40 call, where I was actually told I would get 2 call backs.  As I told the Team Leader this is not good enough and request that someone listens to these calls where it clearly states these call backs were promised.

I would also like to know why Plusnet believe it is OK for their staff to say to customers that we are not entitled to report our issues to the ombudsman etc. (re:  phone call made on Friday morning at 9.00am).

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I'm not a member of staff, and don't know what or how it was said on the phone, but isn't the ADR only applicable after your issue has reached deadlock with the ISP?  Possibly that is what was meant, even if it was said badly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sallysally
Hooked

No it has 90 days to resolve the complaint to which you can use the platform which they had as it was first reported to them in June by me.  The ombudsman needs a deadlock code which I have asked for now as to be honest I didn't understand exactly what I needed.  Plusnet did not even respond to ODR, so maybe I did do it wrong and used the incorrect terminology, but lack of response is unhelpful at best, and customer services reps are not allowed to tell any customer they have no right to complain to official bodies as it is not their call.

It says:

Resolving your dispute on the ODR platform

• Use the ODR platform to
    • Contact the trader to resolve the dispute directly. You have 90 days to reach an agreement.
  • or
    • Get a dispute resolution body to solve your dispute for you. You have 30 days to agree with the trader on a dispute resolution body to use.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sallysally,

I'm very sorry that you've had a poor experience with the billing on your account and for the inconvenience that this has caused you. It's disappointing to see that call backs from both advisors and managers have been missed - this certainly isn't the level of service that we aim for and feedback will be passed on about this so that this can be looked into further internally.

I can see that the advisor that you spoke to on Saturday has arranged to give you a call today to arrange a payment plan and will also be able to escalate your complaint if you still wish to progress it at that stage.

I'm sorry that you've been given different information about raising your complaint to the Ombudsman - I will raise feedback about this. I can confirm that customers are able to raise their complaint to the Ombudsman if it has been open for at least eight weeks or if we agree that we have reached deadlock before that stage and issue a deadlock code. Although the billing issue started in June, your complaint was first raised on the 3rd of September. You would be able to raise this to the Ombudsman if your complaint isn't resolved by the 29th of October. There's more information about this process on our complaints code of practice here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sallysally
Hooked

If you look back through your records you will see I raised the billing issue in June, you told me in June this had been resolved, therefore I was given incorrect information, I could not make an official complaint then as I believed what I was being told.  You then chose to not tell me this was an ongoing problem till September, therefore as far as I am concerned this was an issue that I had pointed out to you in June. 

As stated previously I have written to yourselves requesting a deadlock code.

Regardless of this I don't feel writing on a forum about payment plans is appropriate.

sallysally
Hooked

I apologise I did write payment plan myself on the first post, so please ignore my last sentence on previous post

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @sallysally,

Thank you for getting back in touch and I appreciate where you're coming from in terms of you not raising this as a complaint in June as the advisor that you spoke to incorrectly told you that the problem was resolved.

I've had a further look into your complaint and my response contains some account specific information so I've added this as a ticket on your account that you can view here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sallysally
Hooked

My account is back in restricted even though I was told this wouldn’t happen
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @sallysally,

I'm very sorry that this has happened despite you being told that the restrictions would not go back on to the account. I've made some changes now and your services should be back to normal right away. I've also added a further reply to you on the ticket.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team