cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounted Broadband and Phone Package Prices

Spruance
Grafter

Discounted Broadband and Phone Package Prices

I have noticed some discussion about how the discounts are applied to the new package prices published on the PN main site on 19th December 2012, particularly the suggestion that these discounts apply only to new customers.
I am an existing PN broadband customer but currently have a BT telephone (line rental/calls) deal. So, if I were to opt to switch my telephone service to PN via - for instance - the Unlimited Broadband and Talk Anytime bundle, would I qualify for the published discounted rates? This was already my understanding having spoken via phone to a PN support advisor and yet recent posts here suggest that this might not be the case.
Also, would it be safer to wait until next Thursday, rather than to request a pre-Christmas telephone service transfer?
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Discounted Broadband and Phone Package Prices

Hi Spruance,
I'm afraid if you upgraded via the website you wouldn't be eligible for any discounts, sorry about that. Best thing to do would probably be to call our customer options team and see if they can help - bit late today (they close at 5.30) but they will be in the office on Monday.
Spruance
Grafter

Thanks for the info Matt. Smiley
In that case I am in between a rock and a hard place then as the Line Rental Saver (12 months paid in advance) says that it is only available online. Huh
I think I will err on the side of caution and leave it until after Christmas as it is expecting too much to get this all sorted out beforehand.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well you'll be able to sign up for LRS after any account change is done? Not sure if that helps but I hope so. To be fair you're probably best waiting until after Christmas, the only flip side of that is that (fingers crossed) COT will be fairly quiet on Monday.