Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount not applied to new contract

FIXED
Lairdlaw2
Hooked

Discount not applied to new contract

I would be grateful if a Plusnet staff member would action this. I don't want to spend an hour on hold on the telephone for what appears to be a mistake by Plusnet.

On 21 April I re-contracted for unlimited fibre 40/10 for the discounted price of £1.80 (£16.76 discount). The new contract was due to take effect from 11 May. However, in my bill of 11 May I have been charged £7.66 for broadband for 11 May to 10 June (£10.90 discount).

Confirmation of the new contract is in Plusnet ticket nos. 223810958 and 223810911 (I received two confirmation emails).

Please refund the difference and ensure that the correct discount is applied to future bills.

Thanks
"lairdlaw"

PS. This is my second attempt to post this - the first does not appear to be visible.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Discount not applied to new contract

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the automated spam filter 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. I've sorted the discounts out for you now and I'll refund the overcharge once we've taken the payment. I've emailed you a little more detail, creating a support ticket Here I'll use to monitor for you. 

If you've got any further queries in the meantime, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lairdlaw2
Hooked

Thank you Anoush. That's a very generous interpretation of the confirmation email, so the outcome is better than I expected.

Can we leave the ticket open until after the next billing date (11 June)? Then if all is well I'll close the ticket and apply "This fixed my problem" to this thread.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem. Yeah sure, I've placed the ticket on hold until after your next bill date and I'll check back then. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lairdlaw2
Hooked

Sorted! Thank you Anoush.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to see that!

No problem, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet