Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount is not applied for the last month bill of the contract

FIXED
kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Discount is not applied for the last month bill of the contract

Hi,

Could you please check my account and explain why the discount was not applied to my last bill? My contract was going to end on 5th of April 2022, but my bill shows that discount is only applied for one day i.e. 9th of March. See below for the summary of the bill.

Just for your information, I've signed up for a new 12-month contract today, so hoping that my final bill can be updated with the final date and discount before the new contract starts. 

Thank you.

Kenan

1 Balance brought forward -£17.18

1 Line Rental 09/03/22 05/04/22 £19.17

1 Line Rental 06/04/22 08/04/22 £2.05

1 Line Only 09/03/22 08/04/22 £0.00

1 Voicemail 09/03/22 08/04/22 £0.00

1 Caller Display 09/03/22 08/04/22 £0.00

1 Unlimited Fibre Extra 09/03/22 05/04/22 £20.12

1 Unlimited Fibre Extra 06/04/22 08/04/22 £2.16

1 Discount 09/03/22 09/03/22 -£0.51

Total £25.81

Inc. VAT

11 REPLIES 11
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Discount is not applied for the last month bill of the contract

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

I might be wrong but it looks to me like the new contract started immediately rather than on your billing date ( presumably the 5th )

So the previous contract discounts stopped but it looks like any discounts on the new contract are missing.

It needs a staff member to investigate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Kenan,

I'm really sorry for the issues with your bill. I've refunded the overcharge to your bank now you should receive next week.

Your next bill should reflect that you've agreed a new contract starting from today.

I've also dropped you an e-mail with more information but feel free to let me know if you've got further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your message and sorting this out for me.

I also received the email confirming the amount of the refund credited to my account, but it seems that things are being updating on my account, so cannot see anything yet. I will let you know in here if that doesn't work in a few days. 

Cheers,

Kenan

kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Thank you for your comment MisterW.

It was due to the wrong amount of discount applied for the last month which was sorted by @Gandalf today.  

Cheers,

Kenan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kenan,

Yeah from what I can see your new contract is stuck in our billing system, which is being worked on in the background. 

It may take a while, but it should go through fine before your next bill date as that's, in theory, plenty of time. 

I'll keep an eye on this for you as often as I can spare them, but feel free to post back to let me know how things go. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf,

Can you please check what is happening on my account, as it seems that all the background work has gone, but I am still seeing that my contract will be running out with no sign of a new contract or credit you added. 

Thanks,

Kenan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kenan,

The credit's added and the contract's in place, but the discounts weren't so I've applied them now.

Your contract may not show the correct end or start dates in your account online, but we're aware of this (ref: MC-1877) affecting a few other people and we're working on getting to the bottom of that as soon as we can.

Let me know if you've got further queries or spot any other issues. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Thank you Anoush.

Everything seems in order at the moment.

My only question is the duration of the discount applied on the new contract, which seems in the message you wrote to be 11 months, not 12 months, which I guess was the same problem that I had initially and hence opened this thread Smiley 

Is this a standard procedure then, and we need to contact Plusnet to correct this at the end of the contract period? 

Kind regards,

Kenan

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem Kenan, that’s normal and I don’t believe is the cause for the missing discount at the end of your last contract. Due to the way our systems work those discounts should cover you until the end of the contract.

Feel free to prod me though if there are issues. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Thanks very much Anoush.

Will let you know if there are any other issues 👍

Cheers,

Kenan