Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount for new customers?

SteadVex
Grafter

Discount for new customers?

Hi,
Posting In here as support tickets seem to take a long time to get responded too and just wanted to check my order
I recently switched from sky (which I'm already regretting), reason for switching sky offered no incentive to stay for loyal customers but if I was new I would get crazy offer, so I switched to PlusNet for their crazy offer for new customers.
I've just had an email for my next bill saying I'm paying the full price? when I signed up I thought I had an offer for 6 months of £3.75, I also noticed my first month was charged at full price which I didn't notice as I also paid for the 12 months line rental discount. I also only just now realised I have no emails confirming the amounts I shall be paying, and I can't seem to find any paper records stating the amounts either.
In addition after switching I had a fault on the line which meant the line was down for 5 days (I found that odd as with 4 years with a solid connection after switching I now had a fault?) after reading through plusnet terms and conditions it seems plusnet do not take liability for a line failing and I have to pay even when a service is not provided?, I realise things go wrong from time to time but so far its not been positive and if I'm being charged full price I will defiantly be actively recommending that people I know do not switch to plusnet
Could someone here confirm the amounts I Should be paying?
Many Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Discount for new customers?

Plusnet don't do paper. 
Your bill should be for:

• Broadband charge less discount

• Phone calls

• Call features and call packages

It's impossible to tell from the email what you are paying for your services because the cost of calls will vary from month to month.  But you should be able to follow the link in the email to the Member Centre and see a breakdown.  This can be expressed very oddly but if you subtract the call charge and the cost of any call features/packages you use then what remains should be what you pay for your broadband - which should tell you if you are getting a discount or not.  Not would presumably represent a mistake that you would need to contact Plusnet to rectify.
You will get line faults from time to time and it's not in the interest or the ability of any ISP to cause them.  The test of your provider is how well they deal with faults when they arise.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Here's my latest bill as viewed in the Member Centre:
1 Call charge - 0x/08/2014 £
1 Unlimited (Contracted) - Market 2/3 charge 0x/08/2014 0x/09/2014 £
1 Anytime International 300 charge 0x/08/2014 0x/09/2014 £0.00
1 Call Plan charge 0x/08/2014 0x/09/2014 £7.00
1 Special Offer Discount - - -£
To preserve my privacy I have blanked out the exact amounts and dates.  For some reason the Anytime International 300 call plan I use is shown as free then the actual charge is on the next line.  But apart from that bit of weirdness the bill is not that hard to follow. 
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SteadVex,
I've had a look at your account and I can confirm that when you signed up there wasn't a discount available from us on our website for FTTC Unlimited. There's a Service Notice on your account which details how much you paid on the day you signed up - Service Notice: SN198198856
I've spoken to our Marketing team and they've confirmed that between 11th June - 9th July we did not have any offers on our website for FTTC Unlimited. Your monthly cost for FTTC Unlimited is therefore £14.99.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Hi SteadVex
Following the "nothing ventured…" idiom, although you've been a customer for only a couple of months I suggest giving the Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (from mobile). They are open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
It's a long shot but you might be able to negotiate an offer you find attractive.
David
David
SteadVex
Grafter

Thanks to the response all, I think I will give customer services a ring as there's nothing to loose! Smiley
I've spoken to our Marketing team and they've confirmed that between 11th June - 9th July we did not have any offers on our website for FTTC Unlimited. Your monthly cost for FTTC Unlimited is therefore £14.99

In relation to not being an offer on at the time I ordered, luckily we have the way back machine website which takes snapshots now and then, and I can confirm there was an offer on FTTC Unlimited for £5 a month for the first 6 months  during the period of between 11th June - 9th July, it is however, not the offer I mentioned I couldn't remember the deal at the time as they change constantly but I did remember it was 6 months discount, however looking back I see its only on the 76mb package which I didn't take out as my line speed couldn't support it.  Lips_are_sealed
I would never suggest an ISP would cause a fault, my response was more annoyed after reading the terms and conditions stating that its not PlusNet's responsibility to keep the service live, I would of expected some kind of re-imbursement for almost a week without the service I'm paying for, especially as a new customer as an incentive to not switch immediately back to the previous supplier who has had a better track record (in my experience) for fixing faults
If anyone else is curious about historic PlusNet offers, look on way back machine at http://web.archive.org/ and pop in plus.net