cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed! Not the best start!

StuartSmith

Disappointed! Not the best start!

So my PlusNet service started yesterday, with obviously my previous supplier ceasing.  So I get home, planning to install the PlusNet router and stop the kids from moaning about no internet.  To my surprise, considering the Service switch over had been completed, I had no Plusnet router!  So I called the Customer Service number and spoke to an analyst, whom apologised and confirmed the router was shipped yesterday, so happy that the router would be here today, I left it at that.  Guess what, checked my emails today and the route was only shipped today! with a 3 to 4 day turn around!  So I am paying for a services that I can not use, because a fundamental part of the services, the router hadnt been shipped before service start date.  What a joke! and a pain as I was planning on working from home tomorrow, which may now not be possible. 

Its not the best start, on switching to a new Service Provider!

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Disappointed! Not the best start!

Welcome to the forum.

Have you by any chance moved from BT? If so you can use your BT router. You will find setting instructions on the Router forum.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Apologies that your router wasn't ordered automatically in advance of your order completing, this isn't good at all.

I can see it's been ordered now and whilst we'd advise 3-5 working days to set expectations, they are sent 1st class delivery and usually arrive within a couple of days.

In the interim as per the above posts if you have a router from another provider this may be compatible with our service. You could try setting it up using the details Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet