cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct debits

I have recently changed my direct debit details to a different bank account and although it looks like it's set up ok at the Bank I've just  had an email from Plusnet saying that I have no payment arrangements in place,on checking my Plusnet account the new DD details show ok but still as pending,could someone please check that all is ok please.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Direct debits

Been there, had that and this was the result:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143580.msg1265957.html
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mook,yea same sort of thing only I haven't changed banks just new account at same bank.
Del.
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, but as I understand it the issue is to do with the Plusnet backend system not being 'smart enough' to work out that there's been a change. When I moved bank I had the Plusnet DD appear in my new account days before it was due. But as it turned out it wasn't enough time for the backend systems to know this so I had to pay one of my accounts using a card, but the second account which was due mid month was OK.
Give it some time to see if your payment comes off, if it doesn't Plusnet will tell you and yo can then pay by card and all should be well for the next month.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for the info Mook, I've given Plusnet a whole months notice as I changed the bank details online the day after the last payment left my bank account,Shame this is happening.I've had no problems changing DD details with the other companies I deal with and it does seem to put Plusnet's systems integrity into question.I'll take note of your advice though.
Best, Del.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our systems can take around 7-10 working days to activate a new direct debit on an account, so as long as we've got that period of notice there shouldn't be any issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gofaster
Rising Star

What on earth are PlusNet doing with the direct debit that takes so long?
Has the monk that transcribes the details lost the knife that he uses to sharpen his quills?