cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit set up for 'Dummy' account

C-A-W
Grafter

Direct debit set up for 'Dummy' account

I tried to change my direct debit instructions on my Plusnet account over a year ago, but it failed. Since then it hasn't been possible to change the payment method on my account and the bills have been inaccurate so I've been paying it manually, and a customer service adviser has been giving me credits every month to make sure that the amount I pay matches the amount due. (She credited an extra amount a while back to cover the bills during lockdown, so I know that the bill will have to be adjusted to the correct amount at some point.)

Out of the blue, I got an email a week or so ago to say that a direct debit had been set up. I guess it was an engineer behind the scenes because the direct debit name is DUMMY and I don't immediately recognise the sort code and account number. Unsurprisingly, I've had another email to say that the direct debit activation had failed. I went to my account to see if I could replace it with the correct details but it says 'Pending activation' and the Change Payment Method button is greyed out. 

Is there anything more I could/should do at this point? The one thing I absolutely want to avoid is any interruption to the phone service because it's my mum's phone in a locked down care home, so at the moment it is her lifeline to the family.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Direct debit set up for 'Dummy' account

Thanks for getting in touch @C-A-W 

I'm sorry for the issues. I've had a look into this and I believe we've since sorted out the main problem which has allowed me to add the relevant discounts so that the bills are correct moving forward.

With regards to the incorrect direct debit details, I'm raising this to the relevant team to see if we can manually remove those from the back-end system which should then allow you to change your payment method.

I'll provide an update within the next 48 hours via the support ticket I've created Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you! That explains the other question which was raised on my account which puzzled me just now. 

Thank you for looking into this and fingers crossed the underlying problem has been sorted out.

Ceri

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem Ceri, fingers crossed it is finally sorted indeed Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet