cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit never works, then access is restricted with first “warning” email

IanBlackburn
Dabbler

Direct debit never works, then access is restricted with first “warning” email

Every months with plus net I get the following: 1. Direct debit fails on 3rd of month but I don’t get a notification of the failure 2. I get an email on 11th of the month saying payment was not taken 3. The links in the email to pay the bill don’t work if I am on WiFi because account restrictions are instantly in place, and I can’t get to the site (server not found for plus.net/pay link, though other sites seem ok) 4. I can connect over 4G and make the payment with the same link in the email. 5. I call support and go through setting up the DD again, or do it manually. I have tried two different bank accounts and two different credit cards. Support assure me it’s all set up now. 6. If it’s next month, go back to step 1! Why is thus so broken? And why are support incapable of resolving it?
7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Direct debit never works, then access is restricted with first “warning” email

Why not ask your bank why they're rejecting these charges; were there sufficient funds
on day they are charged?
IanBlackburn
Dabbler

Re: Direct debit never works, then access is restricted with first “warning” email

It's not a problem at the bank.  They don't get the request from Plusnet, and there are plenty of funds.  Besides this also fails with a debit and credit card.  Plus net systems do not make any request for the funds.

The accounts system is a total mess for me since I joined, initially overcharging me significantly, and then never working properly since.  The quality of the broadband connection is excellent, but the support systems and accounts systems are pretty terrible.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @IanBlackburn

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the billing on your account and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have left a ticket on your account with further information on this issue for you. You can view the ticket here.

IanBlackburn
Dabbler

Thanks for your response.  For the benefit of others in this community this is what you said:

We are aware of an issue whereby the billing system will block access to our website to make payment as well as restrictions on your account. We are working on a fix for this issue. I have passed along your account information to our incident management team who will roll out a fix on your account once developed and tested.

This addresses the issue where the web site is inaccessible after the direct debit payment fails, though it does not give any indication of a timeline, and if I should expect the same problems next month.

Moreover, it fails to address in any way the core issue that automated payments via direct debit, credit card or debit card fail every single month for me, and despite numerous calls to support who say it has been set up correctly, it never is.  Just to re-iterate this is not an issue with bank funds since the Plus.net request for the funds is never made.

Please, could you provide a response to this second issue as well?

Ian

P.S. The survey that is presented on this forum also fails - I am presented with items to select in the "we value your feedback" form but when selecting one ("Looking for help or support"), the "Next" button is never enabled so I can't continue with the survey.  

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @IanBlackburn

Thanks for coming back to us.

Just to clarify - the issue that Maddy made you aware of via your ticket is the root cause of both aspects of your query - as such, the "Fix list" she's added you to will resolve both parts of your issue once a fix is in place.

Unfortunately, at this stage we're unable to provide an ETA on when this might be - although, as I am sure you can appreciate, it is being worked on as a priority. In the interim, it is very much appreciated that you continue to make manual payments on your account - I understand that this is not ideal and hope, as you do, that this is resolved soon.

As soon as we know more, we'll be in touch.

Best wishes

Dave

IanBlackburn
Dabbler

Thanks for the response.

It doesn’t fill me with confidence.  I’m not sure why Maddy referenced the single issue of the web site being blocked and had no mention of the payment not being attempted to be taken as a second issue.  Seems like those are not directly related and they should have been mentioned separately.

Given that was just a communications mistake on your part then I’ll await the solution, but to be clear this has been happening since I opened my account, and with no clear indication of it being resolved, I will be looking at alternative providers soon.

It’s a shame since the broadband service, as I have said before, is good, but this support and accounts service is really making it me hard to remain with plus.net

Ian

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

That's fair feedback, Ian and I'll ensure it's passed on accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave