cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Telephone Contact with Billing Team

Crimson
Grafter

Direct Telephone Contact with Billing Team

The 'front line' Plusnet staff who answer the telephone are excellent (same for Technical Support staff) and cannot be faulted. BUT why is it not possible to speak directly (without numerous delays and frustrations) to a member of the Billing Team to sort or address a problem by telephone?  The 'frontline' staff don't have the answers and have to put you on hold to speak to the Billing Team. 
When the answer passed on via the Billing Team is still 'not right' another delay is involved and it is time consuming and very frustrating - it is like going round in circles and it's not the fault of the 'frontline staff' if they are (frustratingly) given inaccurate or incomplete information to pass on to the customer.  (No offence intended but sometimes it seems as if we are just being fobbed off and the 'frontline' person dealing with the call (the last one was 46 minutes long and was still not answered - being raised but no guarantee of an answer without further delay) has to cope being caught in the middle.  Top marks for their patience..
Why is it not possible to simply speak directly (without the current frustrating system) on the telephone to someone from the Billing Team who can give a direct explanation, address the issue giving accurate information and sort the problem without further delay?
I'm so very pleased with PlusNet generally but when there is a problem with a bill it is just about impossible to have it sorted without very long delays - then, frustratingly, the same again when the next (sometimes related) problem recurs.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Direct Telephone Contact with Billing Team

Hi there,
Without wishing to sound blunt the billing team simply wouldn't be able to deal with billing issues if they were taking calls.
Something definitely isn't right in this case if the staff on the phones aren't able to communicate the issue and update you effectively.
After looking into this I must apologise for how the last two colleagues of mine have handled this as I can see that they've advised you as I have why billing aren't able to speak with you directly. However the right actions weren't taken to ask them to look into the issue.
I've taken care of that by passing a ticket to the billing team and have passed on some feedback to the two agents in question.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Crimson
Grafter

Re: Direct Telephone Contact with Billing Team

Thanks for replying, Mr Walker.  I'm sure the information given to me by the staff member on the 'phone was based on what the Billing Team had told him. Dealing with the public is often far from easy and I would be disappointed if the wrong person is being held responsible for difficulties relating to billing.  The member of staff was patient and helpful throughout the 46 minute call. 
The member of staff telephoned me this afternoon to give me a much appreciated update and I really appreciate it.  Because all other aspects of PlusNet are first class it is unfortunate that the only problems I have seem to relate to billing.  Although important this really is not a major issue - I'm just pleased it is going to be resolved. 
Happy Christmas to everyone at PlusNet.