cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debits Very Short Notice

vignamic
Dabbler

Direct Debits Very Short Notice

One to be aware of. PN are not doing things correctly, They are using the old Invoice method to bill and charge us.  They only give around 2 days’ notice from invoice. I have spoken to Bacs Ltd and they have advised that it should be 10 working days’ notice. Watch your bill they may send you an invoice on the Friday and take the money on the Monday! They are not going to change this. So beware when you receive your invoice email check it asap.

6 REPLIES 6
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Direct Debits Very Short Notice

When DDs were first introduced I think there was a requirement to give the customer three weeks' notice of the amount and the date it would be taken from his/her account.  Since then the time has been progressively shortened; I think it's something like ten calendar days with BT, and with PN it's now down to three calendar days (in reality it seems to be more like five days until the amount leaves your account, then another day or two before the PN account is updated).

vignamic
Dabbler

I know I used to work for a Bacs Software House. It went from 3 weeks to 5 days and 10 days if you changed the amounts. I have had a response from Bacs Ltd who tells me all should now be 10days from invoice and/or 10days if the recurring amounts change.

Other companies like BT, Talk Talk, Sky and other suppliers use a system of recurring amount and invoice every quarter. This means you are in more control and can query any amounts. I was just warning people to keep an eye on their invoices as PN will take the money very quickly.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

The advance notice period of a direct debit can depend on the organisation. For us, the advance notice period is 3 working days as advised when you setup the instruction.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
vignamic
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

This is just a warning to all that 10 days (Set by Bacs Ltd and by SEPA Direct Debit) is the normal way of running Direct Debits from invoice is. As there is no time to check the invoice and stop the DD if needed. But you already know this.

I think you need to change this to how BT (Your owners) and other compaines do things.

vignamic
Dabbler

Has this just been changed? As when we singed up there was no time scales.........

Has the T's&C's been changed without telling anyone?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

A bigger problem is that if you receive a DD notification for an incorrect amount and you contact them within seconds of them sending the email it is already too late for them to correct it.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)