Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit

waynemorrell
Grafter

Direct Debit

Hi,
I signed up to Plusnet just before the RBS/Nat West/Ulster Bank crisis and I duly provided the account details of my Ulster Bank current account for payment.
Anyway, because of the sheer size of the problem, I have decided to fall back on my Co-operative Bank Current Account.
I updated the details on the PN site with my Co-operative Bank details but the screen said it takes 5 days to action.
I'm probably worrying for nothing. But I am  concerned that it won't be updated in time for my first bill from PN and that my DD may fail, not a good start if that happens.
What's the score here, if PN try to draw on the Ulster account and that fails will I be cut off immdiately? Should I make a card payment upfront just in case?
Please advise.
Regards,
Wayne
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Direct Debit

It might be Monday before Digital Care Team staff are here again to provide you with an official answer. However what should happen if billing fails is stated in the Failed Billing Guide here. Once Plusnet are notified that billing has failed you are likely to find you are directed to a 'failed billing' page on their website, where the problem can be resolved or simply acknowledged. You shouldn't be restricted for 14 days, sufficient time to resolve the problem.
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It may be close, the 7th working day is the 6th and it can be up to 10 working days unfortunately - still showing as instruction submitted at the moment. Even if it doesn't go live by the time the bill is ready there is a grace period of 14 days before anything gets stopped so you'll be fine even if it isn't done by the billing date Smiley
waynemorrell
Grafter

Thanks for the replys, will keep an eye on it to see what happens.