cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit

Robski60

Direct Debit

I have had a direct debit £138.58 taken in error from my current account on 28th Feb 2020

The explanation I was given was,  that this was erroneously charged , as I had decided to cancel a further years' worth of plusnet broadband within the permitted 14 days , but the system had gone ahead and charged as if I had continued with the service

Despite numerous phone calls to your operators and promises of a refund with various dates mentioned from the billing team I still do not have the £138.58 refunded 

This makes a mockery of the Direct Debit system, as it has unilaterally permitted Plusnet to take monies from my account for a service that is not being provided for - I will be very reluctant to sign a Direct Debit mandate in favour of Plusnet again

I accept that mistakes happen, but those mistakes ought to be corrected timely, which it has not to date

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Direct Debit

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Claim it back under the direct debit guarentee if it is incorrect https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Robski60

I was specifically requested by a plusnet billing agent NOT to do exactly that, as he said that this would jeopardize my getting a refund 

If it isn,t too late then I will asked for the the dd to be recalled

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Robski60, I am sorry for the issues. I called but I'm sorry if this was an inconvenient time. I have provided a more detailed response with the options going forward on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team