Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit taken by mistake

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Direct Debit taken by mistake

I have had an email from plusnet to say that an extra direct debit payment of my usual monthly broadband payment has been taken from my bank by mistake and it will be refunded.  That is fair enough but I just wondered if it had happened to anyone else.  My statment is going to show that the payment is to mad as a fish.  very fishy if you ask me.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Direct Debit taken by mistake

This happened to a number of customers billed on the 13th. We've already requested that our bank stop the incorrect direct debits and refund any that have been taken.
Madasafish is an ISP that Plusnet have run for the past few years.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BertCoules
Grafter

I had the email but haven't had the incorrect direct debit withdrawal.  The usual PlusNet payment had been taken before I received the message.
The email is slightly confusing because it talks about an incorrect payment already having been applied: I checked with my bank, discovered that this hadn't happened, and half assumed that the email was a fake.
James
Grafter

Southken - Just to confirm, we emailed everyone that was affected by this problem.
brianex121
Grafter

It's happened to me too and whilst I'm glad to know the error was picked up by PlusNet
I've asked for an explanation - no answer so far -  after all, direct debiting's safeguards are supposed to
prevent any charge like this being made without prior agreement;  I've never used Madasafish
and can't follow what/who caused  this error.  PlusNet really ought to explain to subscribers as well
as make repayments.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've asked for an explanation - no answer so far -

Where have you asked this as I can't find any question about it on your account?
AFAIK it was a human error, we're sorry it happened and will take steps internally to stop it happening again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
brianex121
Grafter

replied to original notification sent by PlusNet  19/07/11
zubel
Community Veteran

Emails are sent from a no-reply address, so your question will have been blackholed.
You will need to raise a question to get any further details, if they are available.