cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit not working

cjseymour
Dabbler

Direct Debit not working

The Direct Debit that Plusnet set up for my recent service changes is still shown scheduled as 00/00/0000, £0.00 at the bank, and the Plusnet Member Centre shows Direct debit details as Status Active.  The Live Chat service appears to be unavailable.  As it is Plusnet's responsibility to set up the correct Direct Debit for their service, I am flagging it up here for their attention.  Can I expect threatening letters about not paying to arrive? That's not how Direct Debits are supposed to work!!

9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Direct Debit not working

Hi there @cjseymour,

Thanks fro getting in touch.

I can see everything in terms of you direct debit is all active from our side, it's status will change with your bank once the next payment is taken.

cjseymour
Dabbler

I checked my bank account direct debit today 20/11/18, and it is still showing a sceduled date 00/00/0000 and an amount £0.00, and there are no payments showing up on my account.  Surely this is wrong?

A 17 Sep 2018 email from Plusnet Support states "your Plusnet Home Phone service is now ready to use" so I expected payments to have started by now.

My current package is Unlimited Fibre Extra with Line rental.

I still cannot raise a chat on Help & Support.  It says "Online chat is currently unavailable", and "Your browser's blocking online chat" - this is not true, popups are enabled, and ad blocking is whitelisted for www.plus.net, furthermore I have used the online chat successfully in the past with the same browser.

Can someone from Plusnet administration please get this Direct Debit sorted out.

Alternatively, since payments used to work perfectly well via credit card, please change it back to use the previous method.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @cjseymour, I have created a ticket on the account with further info here.

cjseymour
Dabbler

I checked my bank account direct debit to Plusnet today 04/01/19, and it is still showing a sceduled date 00/00/0000 and an amount £0.00, and there are no payments showing up on my account.

This upgrade has been "ready for use" since September!

When is something going to be done about this?

Presumably when you do get it sorted out I will now have a large back payment,
through no fault of my own, so I also want to know exactly what my payments will be.

Can someone from Plusnet administration please escalate this to actually
doing something about it?

There has also been an official Question raised about this matter,
ID 184765420 on 20 Nov 2018 (thank you for raising this, Mads).

"In relation to the issues with your direct debit, it seems it may have been
affected by our billing upgrade however I have passed this account along
to our billing team to confirm what is happening and hopefully
shed some light on this situation for you."

Apart from an internal note equivalent to what was said to me above, I have had no
further notifications about this.

[ Edit to correct:

There are a couple of additional notes on the Question:

Tuesday 20 Nov 2018: "...actions are held in a Queue on Scapp..."

and Sunday 25 Nov 2018: "...repairing mastersheet.IMT-2576...".  

This doesn't tell me much except that since over a month has passed, this has not been a particularly effective procedure for fixing a simple Direct Debit!

]

I need Plusnet to set up their direct debit so that the services I have ordered are
paid for fair and square, and as soon as possible so that the back payments don't
grow to ridiculous amounts!

Plusnet is supposed to be a high tech company, but it seems they are incapable of
setting up something as mundane as a direct debit to get paid.  How hard can this
be?  It is the standard method of payment for thousands of companies,
many of which are by no means high tech.

When is something going to be done about this?

How much back payment have you rendered me liable for?

Are you going to send me spurious demands for payment, when it is entirely in your hands to set up the Direct Debit?

Are you going to cut me off for non-payment, when it has been up to you all the time to set up the Direct Debit?

Do I need to arrange for service with a different ISP instead?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @cjseymour, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with your monthly invoices. I've looked into the account and been in touch with our Billing Department, while there are no further updates in relation to the issues you have been having they are actively working on a resolution as quickly as they possibly can. Once they've got any further information to provide, your support ticket will be updated.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
cjseymour
Dabbler

I checked my bank account today 12/1/19 at 10:26 and it still says PLUSNET PLC... Direct Debit 00/00/0000 £0.00 Scheduled".

If I had been billed on September 17 2018, and written out a cheque (invented in 1717 by the Bank of England), and posted it first class, Plusnet would have got it after 1 day, and if they processed cheques on a weekly basis allowing up to 4 days for it to go to the bank, plus 3 days for clearing, they would have been paid within 8 days (Good old 18th century technology!)

Today is 82 working days since September 17!!!

This is causing me a lot of stress. 

I don't know when this will be fixed

I don't know how much I will be billed for the time elapsed

I don't know if I will get threatening letters from some other department of Plusnet,

I don't know if my broadband will suddenly be cut off for non-payment, when it is entirely Plusnet's fault! 

How do I know when the broadband goes down (which it does far too often) if I am being cut off, or if it is just the usual networking problems?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @cjseymour

Thanks for getting in touch and I am extremely sorry that this situation is still ongoing on your account, I understand your concern and how frustrating this must be for you.

I have escalated this further to our Billing Department to chase for an update on this for you. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Once again I apologise and let us know if you have any further questions.

andy19791
Grafter

yada yada yada, same old same old, this [-Censored-] has been going on for far far to long and still with the same scripted responses to everyone, I'v been waiting to be billed since October and finally escalated my complaint with the ombudsman(which I advise everyone to do if they have been waiting over 8 weeks).

Its just a unacceptable and laughable amount of time for any error. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @andy19791, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sincerely sorry for the issues you have had with your billing. I have raised this with our Billing Department to chase for a further update for you. Once we have any further information we will let you know accordingly.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team