cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit not lifted

coates2013

Direct Debit not lifted

My bill was due on the 13th to be lifted with direct debit however it wasn't and this is now 5 days later, is this a glitch on my part or yours?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Direct Debit not lifted

Hi there,
According to the info on your account we did submit the direct debit on the 13th, however such payments can take a week or even longer to clear. If there are any issues with this payment then I'd expect that to happen within the next few days, so my advice would be to check back with us at the start of next week (do that via this thread again if you like) and we should be able to see if there's been any issues and deal with it then for you.
BTW don't worry there is a grace period in case of any issues with the payment so you wouldn't get any immediate restriction of services.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
coates2013

No Im referring to the latest one, according to your site its not been lifted and according to 42069297 it hasnt been lifted, what on earth is going on with this?
adie:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's as Adam says I'm afraid - that is the invoice we requested payment for on the 13th, and it can be up to 7 working days before the payment clears (it's only been 4 at present). Your account shows that the payment has been requested so all should be good, as Adam says if it still shows as pending on Monday let us know and we'll chase it for you.
Hope that helps.
danger11
Grafter

nvm
coates2013

why are the direct debits taking so long though? And this is only hypothetical, but do you need a home phone to get the type of internet I do?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You need a home phone line but you don't need to plug a phone into it.
It is always useful to have a cheap corded phone as it can be useful for checking if there is noise on the line if you are having problems
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: coates2013
why are the direct debits taking so long though?

I wouldn't worry about it.
I've noticed for some time that the payment clears around 6/7 days after the invoice is raised and I've never had any issues with disconnections. I normally check my bank online which usually shows the payment has cleared with them 5 days after the invoice date.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still