cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit mess-up

banjoal

Direct Debit mess-up

I joined Plusnet at the end of January, switched from BT.  My initial payment of approx £35 was made manually using my wifes Visa card for Phone and Broadband. A month later I was informed that my bank had refused the Direct Debit due for the next payment. My bank said  they had no record of any direct debit being set up and they couldnt understand what had happened. Then the manager asked if I had set up the Plusnet account online. I said yes and she said that just maybe, the card number had been entered instead of the account number. And so it was.  I don't have any idea whether I gave the CSA the wrong number, or whether the CSA entered it themselves. I have made 6, if not 7 attempts to have this rectified over the phone, but nothing has changed. I have been told it's a problem that Plusnet is aware of, but nothing has changed. I cannot change the payment details. They are greyed out. Just made a months payment manually inputting card details. Will someone please do something about this? How hard can it be? Send me a paper Direct Debit mandate form to fill in and I'll send it back by return of post if necessary.

Thank you, in hopes of resolution

Banjoal.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Direct Debit mess-up

Hi @banjoal,

Apologies for the delayed response. From what you've described it sounds like you've been affected by a known issue that is preventing us from altering the current payment details on your account. I'm afraid that I am unable to rectify this myself, however we are aware of the issue and it is being investigated. Once an update is available it will be passed along and I'd like to thank you for your patience in the meantime and again take the opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team