Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit email sent to non-existent Plusnet address

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Direct Debit email sent to non-existent Plusnet address

I was surprised to see that my most recent monthly Direct Debit notification email from Plusnet was addressed to a non-existent email addressof the format postmaster@myname.plus.com, with my own actual email shown as a copy recipient. I realise that Plusnet do offer new customers an email address, but having my own domain I opted out of one when signing up; so, as far as I am aware, a Plusnet email was never created for me.
So do Plusnet now assume every customer has (and uses) a Plusnet email address? I only hope they don't try sending anything important to me that way!
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Direct Debit email sent to non-existent Plusnet address

Hi there,
If you've got mailboxes from us, and the catch-all is off then I believe that postmaster will be aliased to one of the other mailboxes. So anything sent to that will arrive in your mail from us, however as we also send these notifications to the contact email address you provide then there's nothing really to worry about.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Chris,
My point was that I had no idea a Plusnet email existed for me, as I opted out of creating one when signing up. So it seems odd that Plusnet have gone ahead and created one anyway. I have checked, and my account contact is shown correctly as my personal domain-based email address. So long as anything from Plusnet is at least copied to that, I will see it.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
We don't create this without you opting in for one. Your contact email address is your own one, so even though a copy is sent to the Plusnet email, a copy is sent to your personal email as well. We are happy to get rid of this email address for you, but I wouldn't worry as it is not doing any harm but it means you do have a mailbox should you need one as a backup. Thank you.