Direct Debit - What's Going On?????

catelliott
Grafter

Re: Direct Debit - What's Going On?????

You're absolutely right, hillyfields123  Cheesy
JamesDL
Dabbler

Had exactly the same problem - changed my DD on 06/03/15 - plenty of time for my bill on 21/03/15. DD set up at the bank (and the old one cancelled at previous bank) but messages on my account indicating a problem. Called Plusnet 14/03/15 - DD resubmitted and assured would be set up in time for the bill. DD activation date at the bank changed from 10/03/15 to 17/03/15 so assumed everything was done. On billing day, received a message to state payment failed - PN immediately put restrictions on my phone and Broadband so I had to call to pay by Credit Card - with a £1.50 surcharge (which I convinced them to refund as the problem was entirely of Plusnets own making)
The DD now looks like it's set up - but, worryingly, every time I login I'm taken to the Account Payment details screen and asked to enter my card details. Will wait to see what happens on my next billing date (I'm not entering my card details and being charged an extra £1.50 each month, thank you)
hillyfields123
Grafter

If it doesn't go through correctly next time then hopefully one of the forum team can sort out the DD for you, refund any additional charges you may have incurred and possibly offer a goodwill gesture if it has been particularly problematic.
KatC
Grafter

Hi @ James DL,
Just checked the account for you and the new direct debit details are active so there should be no further problems with this for you.  Smiley