Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Update

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Direct Debit Update

I want to change my current Direct Debit mandate to a different bank. Would it be better to wait until just after the Direct Debit for the current billing period is taken before I do this?
Logic tells me it would be to avoid any possible problems!  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Direct Debit Update

You can update this at any time and would be recommended you do this as follows.
First, ensure sufficient funds exist in your old account and then complete the Direct Debit form on our site. We will notify you once the new Direct Debit is active via email within 7 days normally.
Provided you receive the notification via email that it is live before we notify you that payment is being taken, the new payment will come from your new account.
If you receive the payment notification before, leave the existing one active for the time being until we confirm the payment has been received in full.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Direct Debit Update

Thanks for the swift response Phil.
I'll go ahead and change the details now in my account. Yes, there will be sufficient funds in both accounts, whichever one the funds are taken from. Yes, I'll leave the DD in the old account until I know the new DD is active and works.
I just thought it might have "confused" your system by changing close to billing time?  Smiley