cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Question.

Trevstan
Grafter

Direct Debit Question.

Hi all my bill is due tomorrow was wondering do Plusnet go in to the bank for payment tomorrow as soon as the bill is generated?
Or is the bill generated then they go in to the bank at a later date?
My old ISP used to generate the bill,let me know how much then take payment 2 weeks after?
Thanks Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Direct Debit Question.

Plusnet take immediate action on the billing day,  you're sent the bill and it's added to the data sent to the bank,  with very little (effectivley no) time to correct any problems. The billed amount usually leaves the account within 3 working days of the bill being raised.
Trevstan
Grafter

Yeah guess it's not good if the total is wrong for some reason guessing then you would have to wait till they get the total before a refund can be issued.
Oh well different companies and all that.
Thanks  for the help :)!
Trevstan
Grafter

Bill came in this morning in an email and said "This will leave your account on or after 23/04/2013." so it does seem there does seem to be some space between the bill being generated and them taking the payment.
kmilburn
Grafter

If only,  assuming it appears on your bill on the morning of the 23rd,  that's three working days including today,  which is about right for a direct debit submitted today!
Trevstan
Grafter

Ah ha don't use direct debit very much  Tongue you'll be right, thanks for the help  :).