cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit -Question #77210489

rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Direct Debit -Question #77210489

I signed up for BB and home phone and arranged Direct Debit for the Line Rental Saver and all costs combined. Shown below copied from my confirmation email.
-----------------------------------------------
Your Costs
Once your Direct Debit is set up (this can take up to 5 working days), we'll process a payment of
£146.85
This covers:
The first month of your service
12 months line rental
P&P for your router for your router
-------------------------------------------------
Email arrived yesterday to say I need to pay £14.97 and this would be taken on DD.  Called Customer Support and had to wait for nearly thirty minutes and was told apparently due to a system error the LRS hasn't been taken and I will have to pay separately to take advantage of the offer.
Not sure about the "take advantage" part when this has already been arranged by myself and confirmed by Plusnet to use Direct Debit.
I thought I had done my part by setting it up, it's not my fault that a technical error has messed it up. If I hadn't flagged it then what would have happened when the phone was due to go live.
I really don't fancy waiting on the phone for half an hour again.
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Direct Debit -Question #77210489

Hi rovingeyeuk,
As you're aware Line Rental Saver was not applied for via direct debit, so as it stood your line rental would have been taken on a monthly basis.
As soon as your line is active we can apply the Line Rental Saver and I'll also make sure you're refunded the difference of what you would have saved as opposed to paying monthly.
rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Thanks Chris.
I do like things to go smoothly but billing problems and the time on the phone isn't good.  I appreciate your effort to resolve it.
rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Just received a email telling me our next bill will be £23.86.
Line rental is listed as £14.50, I haven't a clue what's happening with the LRS, please can it be explained.
This is a copy of my confirmation email.
Your Order
Broadband Product:
Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted)
18 month contract
(Unlimited usage allowance)
Estimated Broadband Speed:
6 Mbps
(This may vary between 4Mb and 8Mb)
Find out more
Line Rental Saver
12 months line rental paid up front
Phone Calling Plan
Plusnet Anytime
Your Costs
Once your Direct Debit is set up (this can take up to 5 working days), we'll process a payment of
£146.85
This covers:
The first month of your service
12 months line rental
P&P for your router for your router
As you've signed up with a special offer, your monthly payment will be: £8.98 for the next 12 months .
Following this your ongoing monthly payment will be £15.98
-------------------------------------------------------
As I have been attempting to write this post I have had at least three disconnections in the last hour so things are not going too well.
It was only two weeks ago I had terrible speeds and after a week the line was found to be banded. Since then it's been quite good until yesterday when speeds started dropping and disconnecting. It's not been a good start.