cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit - How Long To Setup?

binaryfrost

Direct Debit - How Long To Setup?

I signed up for PN at my new house on May 1st. On sign-up it warned me that if I chose to pay by Direct Debit it would take a few days longer - that's fine, not an issue.
As I was moving house I also signed up for gas & electricity (not from PN obviousy!) too.
I chose to pay my other utilities by Direct Debit too - and these are all set-up now, so how come the PN one takes much longer? Is it *really* going to take 5 working days?
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Direct Debit - How Long To Setup?

welcome to the forum
Well PN being an internet company havnt a clue.  I paid some bills at the Bank Yesterday, and there are on the Customers account today.
Paying back from PN is even worse, if they muck  your bill up , they insist that they have to see the money in their account and then start issuing the refund, I have in the past waited nearly a month for that instant payback
binaryfrost

My DD has been setup for a couple of working days now, and still no reported progress on my account...  Sad
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It can take up to 10 working days for the DD to be set-up properly. Even though the DD may have appeared on your bank account, Plusnet still have to wait until they are informed it is fully set-up before they will place your order for broadband - this often takes a lot longer than other companies for some reason. If you could have paid the initial payment via a card things would have been much quicker.
The bank holiday would also have slowed things down a bit.