cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Foul Up

dejjones
Rising Star

Direct Debit Foul Up

On the 17th or 18th of March I changed my direct debit details to a different bank.
My payment day is the 19th.
On the 19th I received 2 emails saying my payment had been refused and when I tried to access my plusnet account I was presented with a "Payment Due" page, which prevents me accessing most of my account pages.
I contacted CS, and raised a ticket (67301981), and they eventually agreed this was a mistake on their part. They said they would remove the restriction.
I have done all the things they suggested:- reset router etc. but the restriction remains.
CS suggested I contact the Technical CS but I got fed up with waiting for them to answer.
Can someone from PN please sort this out?
15 REPLIES 15
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Direct Debit Foul Up

Hi,
I'm really sorry for the problems that you're having here. What happens when you try to browse?
If you are met with a failed payment screen, there should be a link that says "I acknowledge and continue", if you click this, it should allow you to continue using the service as normal.
dejjones
Rising Star

To Chris,
I seem to be able to browse normally except for plusnet pages.
Everytime I try to access "member centre" for example, I get the Payment due page, and can only access those pages that are linked from that page.
i.e.
    View invoices and transactions
    View itemised phone bills (if applicable)
    Raise a ticket
    Help and Support
I can see from my bank that the direct debit is now set up.
dejjones
Rising Star

Just to re-iterate, I have clicked the acknowledge button, when your CS rep was on the phone (it is now not available), I have restarted my router twice, I have restarted my computer several times, but every time I try to access a plusnet page, I am confronted with the "payment due" screen.
When are you going to fix this?
The Direct debit is set up but you still haven't taken payment.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have a read of http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,7429.0.html - you are not alone.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dejjones
Rising Star

To jelv.
Thanks for the link 
In that thread back in January Bob Pullen said:-
Apologies again Ian, hoping to make this a lot less painful for others by at least ensuring the implications of changing your Direct Debit details are made clear (both online and when requesting this over the phone).
Seems like nothing has been done about this.
I got another email this morning reminding me that I need to pay, and when I tried the Member Centre page, I got the original "payment due page" with the "acknowledge to continue browsing" button.
This I did but I'm now back to square 1, I still can't access plusnet pages.
Plusnet still haven't taken payment
kmilburn
Grafter

From what I am aware,  it takes 7 to 10 days for a direct debit to be setup.
Until it's setup, Plusnet can't take payment and it takes 3-5 days after that to appear on your account.
As you gave Plusnet the new detail 5 days ago,  it's hardly surprising nothing has been taken yet.
Has the Plusnet direct debit instruction appeared in you accounts list of DDs?
dejjones
Rising Star

To kmllburn
Please don't comment on this thread unless you have something sensible to say.
If you had read the whole thread you would not have asked such a ridiculous question.
Do you work Customer Services, by the way?
kmilburn
Grafter

I don't work for customer services,  and my response was to your repeated claim that Plusnet haven't taken payment.
Until your bank account shows the direct debit instruction,  Plusnet will not be able to take the payment,  whether it's setup on Plusnets side or not!
dejjones
Rising Star

To kmllburn
So you still haven't read it.
kmilburn
Grafter

OK,  so I missed the 1 line where you mentioned on Friday that it is listed on you bank account,  but that doesn't mean Plusnet have received notice that they can take payment.
Also,  banks don't like to work weekends, so it's still unsurprising that your bank hasn't show the payment being taken.
FWIW,  this will be my last comment on this subject!
dejjones
Rising Star

I have just had a reply to my "ticket".
Every time I raise a ticket on that system, each response I get is from a different person, and every time the question is never answered satisfactorily.
These questions are still not answered.
1. Why do you have such a draconian policy that instantly puts restrictions on peoples accounts on the actual day the bill is due?
2. Why do you do the above even though the reason for the non payment is your c***k up?
3. When are you going to take payment, you have set up the new direct debit on Friday morning?
Can someone  please answer these questions.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Actually, the reason for the non payment is your cock-up. If you read the Ts&Cs you will find it quite clear what happens if a payment fails.
There is a plethora of information around about setting up Direct Debits, how long it takes etc etc. so if you leave it until last minute before payment is normally taken, then that's your fault even if there should be clearer information on Plusnet's site.
You could also have rung Plusnet beforehand and asked for some advice as it was last minute
Quote from: dejjones
To kmllburn
Please don't comment on this thread unless you have something sensible to say.
If you had read the whole thread you would not have asked such a ridiculous question.
Do you work Customer Services, by the way?

kmilburn did have something sensible to say, you were informed about the delays in setting up direct debits, which you seem to be saying you don't know anything about and consequently blame Plusnet for the money not being taken yet.
You will no doubt be as rude to me as you were to kmilburn, but if you weren't so grumpy you might remember that this is a Community Forum, not an official Plusnet Support channel, although as you well know, the staff that assist here usually go out of their way to resolve problems.
You could easily have solved the immediate predicament by settling your account with your Debit Card.
All that said, Plusnet do need to address the issue of being unable to access all the Account pages having acknowledged the payment due notice, as well as the extremely poor advice telling you to reset/reboot your modem/router (or your computer?) when in all probability clearing your browser Cache and Plusnet Cookies may have resolved that immediate issue, not that this is an acceptable long term solution.
dejjones
Rising Star

Yet again someone who is prepared to comment without bothering to read or know all the facts.
I was merely requesting a transfer of my DD from one bank to another, which on Plusnets website seems a perfectly straightforward process.
It is now obvious with the benefit of hindsight that doing this 1 or 2 days before the due date is a mistake.
However you would imagine that Plusnet would
either:-
Not do the transfer and inform me.
or:-
Delay the transfer until after the payment had been taken.
not:-
Cancel the old one knowing that it takes days to process the new one, and then instantly block my account when payment fails.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
It looks like we've now rectified this issue and Matthew who responded to you is going to monitor this to make sure that's the case.
Please let me know if it's any different to Matthew's responce.