cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult passage to join.

jazzijasmine121

Difficult passage to join.

I signed my daughter up for phone and broadband on the 6th, giving all the appropriate details. On the 11th I noticed the d/d details were missing so input them again. On the 13th I paid the phone by debit card, assuming the d/d was going through for the adsl. On 16th I paid for the adsl by debit also as the cs helper said the debit was pending. I phoned again on 17th and the debit was not paid so they did it there and then and said that adsl would be another 7 days, (25th). Whilst I see this is not one of the longest it still seems an awful long time. Is there any way of speeding this up by pressing some magic button?
I did originally phone to order, which would have been quicker, but got to the point of paying when cs said that I could not do it because of the data protection act, I could understand this if I was asking questions about someones account but could not understand it whilst signing up.
Peter
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Difficult passage to join.

Hi jazzijasmine121,
I'm not sure why there may have been any delays but when we place a broadband order it does take 7 days to complete. I'm afraid we can't speed this up without incurring a £100+VAT charge. If the phone order is placed well in advance we can sometimes have the broadband ordered for the same day as a simultaneous provide but as yours was a start of a stopped line this was not possible.
Jojo Smiley
jazzijasmine121

Re: Difficult passage to join.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the problem and the timescale. I'm just frustrated that the order is 5 days later than it could have been had I been allowed to order over the phone as OI originally intended. Whilst I was in error with the D/D as I transposed 2 numbers it was disappointing to see the details just disappear from the site without telling me what my mistake was.
Hopefully there will be no more hiccups and things move faster than expected.
Peter.