cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Plusnet automaticlly renew my contract?

wojtasekg

Did Plusnet automaticlly renew my contract?

Hello,
as on subject.
I dont want renew contract and i dont want call to Plusnet cause its to expensive. When i tryied get contract i lost 40 quit for calls and i dont want renew my contract.
I did not accept renew. I didnt let u know faster cause i was not available.
I do not live longer on adress wchich ios contracted.
What can i do?
Can i let know plusnet online about it?
Calls to plusnet are to expensive and they have buisness with that. You waiting 30 minutes and spend cash for nothing. And when they answer always say: wait, i have to check or wait ill swap you.
Youre internet provider there should be a way to do everything online. I dont need to talk 2h and explain whny im leaving.
6 REPLIES 6
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Did Plusnet automaticlly renew my contract?

Your message is a little hard to understand
plusnet have a freeephone number, although you may have to wait it wont cost anything.
At the end of your minimum term, you will go onto an auto renewing contract that lasts 1 month.
If you have found a cheaper supplier, call plusnet and tell them you are thinking of leaving, tell them how much you will save with your new provider and see what happens, dont agree to sign up to anything if you arte going to leave ( ie your new provider offers better value) and tell them you will think about things.
Contact your new provider and move.
Do not cancel anything with plusnet, your new provider should be able to migrate you across
wojtasekg

Number is free only form home phone. I dont have that.
Now i live with person who got contract with plusnet.
I just want stop contract, dont move to new adress. Just stop.
Btw my bank account is totally empty right now so they cant charge anything.
I should be able to do that after provide data on chat, i mean password and login and all data.
If something like that is impossible for company who provide internet connection in 21 century its just a JOKE.
They dont need to hear my voice on the phone.
On chat and on phone its chance that they do not speak with propertly person, so why they cant provide all servise online?
Or maybe they can and i dont know Cheesy
Sorry for my english, but in my country we have maybe 2 internet providers and everything is 1000000000 times easier Cheesy
If i want new connection is one day to do that, Not like here Grin 2 weeks till 2 months.
Thanks for help btw
pint
Aspiring Pro

The number is also now free from a mobile phone, as of the  1st of July 2015 all 0800 numbers made on a UK mobile while in the UK are free
From 1 July, all Freephone numbers which begin 0800 or 0808 will become free for consumers to call from all phones, whether mobile or landline.

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/news/2015/call-charges-clearer-from-wednesday/
You say you are living with a person who has the 'contract' with plusnet, is this person the bill payer, or do you pay plusnet for phone and internet?
How long has this person been with plusnet? more than a year or less? a year and a half ( 18 months)  or less?
If the minimum term has been completed and you cancel you will possibly lose your landline phone and internet, this will make getting a phone line and or the internet from another company difficult,  look at who else is cheaper, see if plusnet will match the price or better it, if not say thanks anyway will think abut it and hang up, next phone the other cheaper company and sign up.
If you/the bill payer  has not completed the minimum term contract and then they stop the contract the bill payer will have to pay for the remaining time left until the minimum period has been completed.
If you dont have enough money in the bank to pay any fees due you may be cut off or have your service restricted.
I dont know if plusnet follow up with debt collectors or not but it could go that way, debt collectors can only send scary letters,  it would only get serious if they took you to court. this could happen with any company that you have a vaild contract with
wojtasekg

My mom is paying. We share the costs. I fine with costs. Ive got fibre optic 80 mbs.
I live on new property more than half year. For me was better to wait till contract finish on old house because cancelation rate was higher than bills for few months.
On old flat still live my friend and hes using that connection. But he said when my contract finish he will take new. ;] can u understand that deal? Cheesy
Ok so all 0800 are free from mobile. Thats great info. We can close that topic.
Thanks
pint
Aspiring Pro

In your old flat, where you are paying the bill for the phone and internet:
You should contact oplusnet ( or whoever the company is ) and see if you can arrange to have the contract/order transferred to a new person ( your friend)  He/She will the start paying for it.
I dont know if plusnet will be able to do this, but in theory it should be simple.
Then once the minimum term is up it will just go onto a rolling 30 day deal
As far as i know, at the moment you are legally responsible for anything that happens on that phone line/internet connection, so if your freind likes downloading the latest holywood film fgrom a not so legal site then you could be the one in trouble
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi @wojtasekg,
I can assure you that we would not recontract you automatically. Once the contract expires, you go on to a rolling monthly contract to keep your service going. However, if you did want to discuss cancellation of the account in your name so your friend can sign up one in his name, you would need to speak to Customer Options. They are available as below:
0800 013 2632 or on 0330 123 9197
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sunday
Thanks. Smiley