Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I need Line Rental Saver

FIXED
grizedale
Grafter

Did I need Line Rental Saver

Hi

I have just renewed my line rental for the year at the equivalent of £16.49 per month, then I look at renewing my fibre contract and see I could get the same package I am currently on for £15.99 including line rental?   Have I read this right?  If so, can I cancel the line rental and renew my contract?

3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Did I need Line Rental Saver

Yes you do need LRS, you've done nothing wrong and read it how most of us would read it Smiley

It's badly worded and was raised some time ago now Lips_are_sealed

IMO it's written for those of us whom pay monthly for our line rental and the broadband.

As an example, the total price would then be correct - (£15.99 + £18.99) thus £34.98

Or in your case, it would be £15.99 + £16.49 = £32.48

The 'line rental included' should be amended to 'you have already paid the LRS' for those whom have paid in advance.

edit  - typos, altered example figures given and added further text.

grizedale
Grafter

Thank you, disappointing but makes sense...   If it was raised sometime ago I am surprised it hasn't been altered already with a view to advertising standards etc...

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Fix

Hi @grizedale thanks for getting in touch. As advised by @DS if you already have an active line rental subsumption then the upgrade deals via the member centre will take this into consideration and give you the monthly cost excluding line rental. We understand how this can cause some confusion so we have raised it internally and trust this will be rectified as soon as possible.

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience or disappointment.