cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get the Jan Offer or not?

jerryw
Grafter

Did I get the Jan Offer or not?

I clicked on the link in an email promising fibre broadband for £21.45 + a £50 reward card. I signed up, and the transfer has now taken place and gone live. (It was quite smooth, there was a gap between the old provider stopping their service and Plusnet setting theirs live, but not long enough for undue panic to set in)

However the first bill is for £21.99 not £21.45 and I can't see any mention in the various emails I've received of the reward card. Has something gone wrong, at my end or Plusnet's?

Also, there is mention of increases in March.. do they apply to new accounts like mine? Sign up to one account charge and have it increased within a month seems a bit harsh

Jerry

15 REPLIES 15
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Did I get the Jan Offer or not?

@jerryw  Did you not read and agree to the terms and conditions detailing an annual increase every March of CPI +3.9% which this year is a grand total of 9.3% It may be harsh but it's there as clear as day. Many ISPs are doing a similar thing.

jerryw
Grafter

I did but I also read "award-winning Fibre broadband for just £21.45 a month for an 18 month contract." .. which is different.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @jerryw 

You were lucky as I did not get that offer, my e-mail indicated a dearer contract than £21.45 and although I had mention 20 years loyalty and reward cards I was informed that this is for new custoners only so not eligible to take offers with reward cards. My discussions with PN on my renewal felt like a case of take it or leave it and not really interested in keeping existing clients.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @jerryw, thanks for getting in touch and a warm welcome to Plusnet! I am sorry for the concern caused with your package.

If you signed up directly through us, within the first 10 days after activation you should receive an email from us to claim the cashback reward. From this email being sent, you have 2 months to claim it before it expires. If after 10 days you still haven't had an email (keep an eye in junk too) just get back to me and I can chase this for you.

With regards to the package, this looks correct in terms of what offer is advised on the contract confirmation email that we sent, I have provided a further response on this here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221727177

In terms of the price increase. I do appreciate it is so soon to happen if only just joining us and I am sorry for the disappointment this causes. As it is under the terms that this will start from March 2022 it will go ahead.

If you have any further queries at all, please do just get back to me.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jerryw
Grafter

Apparently we are equally unlucky as plusnet have failed to address the question of why they offered it initially but then changed it. They didn't say it, but "more fool me" is what they implied.

Not a good start!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@jerryw  The point that you have missed is that it is an 18 month contract but it does not state that it is a fixed price contract. Plusnet used to do fixed price contracts but they stopped some time ago and now there are annual increases.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Forgive me @jerryw, though @LaurenB's email that she sent this afternoon is accurate, and we can only apologise if you were under the impression that you signed yourself up on a different offer. The best way to confirm this on your end is to have a look at your bank statement and see how much was paid when you first signed up, as we take the first month's bill in advance.

Our T&C's, which we ask customers to read and agree to prior to signing up also states the following:

"The price for broadband, line rental, call plans and call charges will be increased on or after 1st March every year from March 2022 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide ( https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/ ) for details."

I can empathise with customers who sign up in and around this time though, who will only pay the advertised price for the first month of their contract, however we do inform prospective customers of this prior to them signing up, and also offer a 14 day cooling off period should they change their mind.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tparkhouse
Hooked

Thw exact same thing happend to me, i joined in february with the offer of a £75 voucher which could take upto 30 days to arrive upon joining.
Ive just spoken to them as it is well over 30 days only to be told im not getting the voucher as its not on my file....the company are basically conning and ripping people off
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you haven't received your reward card you were expecting.

Can you private message me with how you signed up whether this was direct through us or an affiliate? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tparkhouse
Hooked

Sorry how do i message you privately.
And i joined direct with plusnet online with my mobile
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@tparkhouse 

If you click on @Gandalf  name in purple on the left of the screen, a new window will open and the privale message option is on the right hand side in grey.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@tparkhouse wrote:
Sorry how do i message you privately.
And i joined direct with plusnet online with my mobile

No worries, can you remember which website address you went through? Was it via our website or a third party we work with? Also which package did you see the reward card offer show under? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tparkhouse
Hooked

It was directly through yourwebsite and stated if i pay £25 a month i would get a £75 voucher which i wished to use at tesco. There were cheaper offers were you woulve receveived a £50 voucher but i agreed to pay a bit more just so i could get that £75 deal
tparkhouse
Hooked

Ok i sent u a private message and hope we can get this resolved as im deeply upset by this