cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial up account deleted - email lost? NOW BEYOND A JOKE!

tonycollinet
Grafter

Dial up account deleted - email lost? NOW BEYOND A JOKE!

Hi
When I migrated out, Plusnet converted my account to dial up. While I was on holiday last week, I was charged for another months connection (even though I had been refunded for the unused period of my billing month the previous month)
I raised a ticked, to get this refunded, and as part of sorting that out, my account was closed. I contacted the options team this morning, who have re-enabled my account, and told me that emails/webspace etc would still be there.
However all emails (and email accounts, and all configured aliases) seem to have vanished. Webspace is also empty. Can these be recovered?
Thanks.
(Please also see Question #41837841)
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Dial up account deleted - email lost?

tonycollinet,
Hi again,
To set an honest and realistic expectation with you these things will probably have been lost now. However I will look into this in the afternoon to see if there is even a remote chance of recovering those for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Well that definately falls into the "could do better" category. Surely you have backups of data?
If not, and it is so easy to lose vast quantities of information - where is your process asking "are you really sure you want to delete this account? REALLY Sure? REALLY REALLY SURE? You realise you are going to delete vast quantities of information - are you STILL SURE?"

This should simply not happen!!!

Unimpressed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Did you specifcally ask us to retain the account as a free pay-as-you-go one or to close it?
Surely you have backups of data?

We can't back up everything I'm afraid, its simply not feasible, by default data like that is not saved if an account is closed down completely.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

I repeatedly (forums AND tickets asked to be retained on free dial up) (For reason of referrals)
I got assurances in both places that that would be done. Hang on ...... See..
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,94194.0.html
Ticket raised, and request in forum that care is taken Roll_eyes

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We can't back up everything I'm afraid, its simply not feasible, by default data like that is not saved if an account is closed down completely.

So surely if that is the case, you should take MUCH more care when closing an account, and get specific confirmation from your customer before you do it. Try asking "if we close your account you will lose all your data - are you sure you want us to do that?"
tonycollinet
Grafter

I've just recieved advance notice of direct debit payment  Roll_eyes
Please ensure no payment is taken. (Added to ticket)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can see that your ticket is still open with us, I'll make sure we get back to you today.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Just added to my ticket. What is so difficult about stopping taking payments? This is simply beyond belief.
You have GOT to be KIDDING. You have just charged me AGAIN. £29.99 this time

Please arrange IMMEDIATE refund.
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Dial up account deleted - email lost? NOW BEYOND A JOKE!

tonycollinet,
I'll get straight to the point. I'm taking full and complete ownership of dealing with this now for you. Please don't remove your billing details as we can't refund you as quickly if you do.
There is no such thing as an immediate refund I'm afraid. I will action the refund straight away but it will take around 10 working days.
Apologies again, I will be giving this more attention for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I just need to mention that for some reason the fee you mentioned has started to clear by direct debit. Where as I cannot guarantee this I will try and stop it. If not we would need to wait for it to clear first before issuing the refund I mentioned.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just checked re the direct debit, the bad news is that I can't stop the payment, it's too far down the line. However the good news is (I appreciate fully that you might not see it this way) is that it should clear by tomorrow so I will check back on this then for replies and an issue of the refund.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per when I've phoned, the refund is on it's way and I'll see to the account being downgraded and billing stopped from here.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks for your support Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, FYI you may have noticed that the account has now been downgraded so I shall keep a close eye out for the refund going through....
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team