cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details of referral system

nutwood

Details of referral system

I have been a PlusNet user for many years and have referred many people to PlusNet and have received referral payments towards my broadband costs. OK so far, the referral page on the plusNet portal lists all my current referrals as entities (i can't put names to all of them, that's againt the rules) but at the bottom of the list is a value in £. Now I'm a simple kind of bloke and I would expect that value to be received each month.
But no, I can't remember the last time I received that amount or more for that matter. When I raise a ticket to query this I get some lame responce, and I quote here
"While a credit reaching your account late may be bumped on to your next invoice, if the referring account fails billing then the credit may be lost. Our apologies if this is not made clear."
By "lost" here I assume the payment to plusNet gets lost and the customer gets his broadband connection removed !! or do PlusNet provide a free service. I do not lose customers in this way.
However the value never gets credited. It would appear that the referral value is an estimated value that you might get, maybe. A bit like that TV add for nationwide, you know the one with the big guy !!.
Does anybody else out there get the same problems as me ?.
Regards to all.
5 REPLIES 5
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Details of referral system

Do you have a ticket number to go with said responses at all?
If values are missing on a regular basis, there is either a problem, or a more obvious explanation that can be provided in subtle tones (ie, we can't tell you the exact reason, but we can provide clearer indications and hints).
The reply you quote is one that you would expect if something is not investigated. Now I would certainly hope ours guys are not doing this, but it is known to happen.
If so, we need to know and it needs to be corrected.
nutwood

Hi there
A list of ID's follows:-
1) ID 22207867
2) ID 21914624
3) ID: 21718756
4) ID: 20909589
5) ID: 20722067
6) ID: 19001127
7) ID: 18742123
Cool ID: 18479953
9) ID: 18322478
10)ID: 18311930
11)ID: 17983839
12)ID: 17821713
13)ID: 16804044
and that's just over the last 2 years
Thanks
prichardson
Grafter

An extensive list indeed.
It's bed time now, so I will find 10 mins to go over these tomorrow.
There is a chance some of them will be a little too old to address with members of staff if this needs to take place, but I will see what happens.
prichardson
Grafter

Having looked into this one, this is due to annual billing on an account you have referred.
Checking shows the credits are operating correctly each month.
In annual billing, credits are created in advance, however they are only paid onto your own invoices once they become valid (ie, they have a valid from date associated with them).
It is designed that because there is no monthly billing run for an annual account, we have a way of crediting your account. At the same time, a service may leave before their year is up and as such, you would no longer be entitled to a selection of the credits.
nutwood

OK I understand that annual billing could be a problem if an account is terminated prematurely but only have one and it isn't and some monthly accounts get paid a little late and are not credited in that month, but they don't appear to be credited next month either.
I would have expected that over a period (say 12 months) I should have received on average of the amount stated in the referrals page of the portal. But I do not.
When I bring this to the attention of your staff by raising a ticket it can take 8 or 10 messages before it gets sorted and then there's is a special payment of some value that I can't work out.
If on the current referrals page it states "Your current referral credit" is a value why is that value not paid ?.