cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in getting my refund

Catnamedog
Hooked

Delay in getting my refund

I hold 2 accounts with Plusnet, one for each of my 2 grandchildren. Some weeks ago I contacted Plusnet to request they transfer one of the monthly payments from my account over to my grandsons account (because he is now working, and can afford to pay for his own phone bill).

I gave all the details of the 2 accounts - his and mine.

The agent promised that everything was sorted, and that I would be refunded within 5 - 10 working days. Nothing appeared, but Plusnet have now started taking the monthly payment from his account.

I called this morning and was told that the request had been made, and that he would repeat it. I asked if this would take another 5 - 10 working days, which he confirmed. I asked to speak with a manager. The agent put me on hold for a short time, then came back to tell me that the manager had said......

So, here are my complaints;

1. Why are companies allowed to take their time in refunds when they can take money instantly from an account? The process for money transfer should take the same time in either direction.

2. As far as I am concerned the agent just kept me holding on before then telling me that the rules could not be broken. I asked to speak with a manager, not given the runaround by someone with no power to do anything.

3.How come the process worked for Plusnet to take money out of my grandsons account, but it didn't work in giving me my refund?

Are Plusnet still going to "do me proud", or are they just another sleazy phone company, which is what they all seem to be?

17 REPLIES 17
rkaur
Grafter

Re: Delay in getting my refund

I totally agree with this. In fact I am facing the same issue. I was overcharged for my October Bill, they said they processed my refund but I am still waiting. I always call in and they say they will put a note on the system. But they have happily taken my November monthly bill out 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Catnamedog, I am very sorry for the delays in you getting your refund. if you could send me a PM with the username of the account this relates to, I would be happy to take a look at this for you to ensure this has now been correctly issued.

Hi @rkaur, it looks like your issue has been dealt with as per this ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rkaur
Grafter

Hi this is incorrect, that Ticket is referring to my refund for the month of November. For the month of October i am still awaiting a refund of £10.50. Please see question #184611164 on my account. There has been no progress and we are still waiting for that refund... 

Catnamedog
Hooked

I have sent the phone number to her.

I don't understand why I had to do that, because I am a registered user and they should have all my details to hand.

I will let you know how I get on.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @rkaur, I am sorry that there is still an outstanding issue. Please can you reply to this ticket, and if you let us know once done so, we can pick this up and get this resolved for you.

@Catnamedog I have asked for a private message as you stated that you had 2 numbers so need clarification on the one it relates to. Also, with this being related to a mobile account I will need to go through security to discuss details. Thanks for the PM, I will pick this up now for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Catnamedog
Hooked

I've had a reply telling me that my complaint will be passed over to the relevant team, but that because the payment details weren't put in until late on in the month (they weren't), then refund may be refused.

I have a feeling how this will turn out...

rkaur
Grafter

okay Thanks have replied to the ticket now

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Catnamedog, I have responded to your PM.

@rkaur, I have updated the ticket, I am really sorry it looks like the previous response I added didn't actually update. Please let us know once you have replied.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rkaur
Grafter

sorry for the late response have replied to the ticket now Smiley

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great, I've escalated that to the correct team for you @rkaur.

rkaur
Grafter

Okay just to raise this up once again i have not received this refund. this is now the 3rd time..I worked the ticket and it said that a refund was issued on the 27th november and will reach us within 5-7 working says. it is now the 12th december. honestly how difficult is it to process a refund...

If you cant refund to our account can you provide the refund another way..

Catnamedog
Hooked

Well, apart from the email telling me you'd responded, I've heard absolutely nothing from Plusnet.

My refund hasn't appeared, so I'm guessing that Plusnet have decided to keep it.

I find the total dishonesty of mobile phone service providers to be on a par with used car sales people.

If there was an honest SP who would tell the truth, deal with me honestly, deliver WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL DELIVER! (fat chance!), then I would be happy to pay a little more each month.

As it is, their contracts are so skewed in their favour, we customers are always the victims.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @rkaur,

I am very sorry this is still ongoing and can only apologise for the sheer frustration and stress caused to you by this. I have re-escalated this for you - we should hopefully get an answer within the next 5 working days.

rkaur
Grafter

okay thanks will see what the response is