Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedeuplication of e-mails

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Dedeuplication of e-mails

Hi,
Is it possible to change the automated e-mails such that they are only sent to one address? Currently, I receive one at my plus.com address as well as my own personal address - I'd prefer just the latter and certainly don't need it twice.
Regards,
Mathew
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Dedeuplication of e-mails

MJN
Pro

Hi Jim,
The 'My Details' info? Unfortunately not - all it has listed is my personal e-mail address, yet my postmaster@<username>.plus.com address still receives the automated e-mails as well.
Your lead has given me an idea though - I see from the 'Manage My Mail' page I have the option of deleting the postmaster address so I'll see if deleting that sorts it.
(Edit: Apparently not - you delete it but it just comes back)
Mathew
MJN
Pro

Crikey - this company never ceases to amaze me.
Chris from Plusnet has just called to check it's okay for him to manually delete my postmaster account so now we should be all sorted!
I think some training is in order... I thought customers these days were meant to sit in telephone queues and jump through hoops before issues can be resolved?  Wink
Mathew
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad that's all sorted out for you.
Have a great weekend Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The snag is some emails don't get sent to the email address in "My Details", they only get sent to Postmaster. You'd possibly have been better off redirecting "postmaster" to your personal address but would still have had duplicates of some mails albeit in one place.
MJN
Pro

They were actually in the one place in my case as I was using fetchmail to periodically fetch and clear out my Plusnet mailbox in case anything was ever sent to it.
Mathew