Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December bill overcharge

Peterw058
Dabbler

December bill overcharge

Hi 

So I received my December bill yesterday and have been massively over charged at £57.77 when my agreed contract price was £32.99 and I had a £16.99 credit sitting on my account due to loss of service while I was without internet as my router hadn't been dispatched. I expected a bill of approx £17.00 this month

Today I called customer services and was informed that there was a five minute wait, some 25-30 minutes later I was connected with an operator, initially the operator agreed that I had been over charged and put me on hold while he loaded some forms, a few minutes later he tried to inform me that the bill was actually correct and as I transferred from fibre to fibre extra any time between the change would be charged at the full list price as I was out of contract, when I explained that I had never been out of contract I was put on hold again, this time when he came back he told me that he was applying a £17.87 credit as that was all he could do personally and informed me that he would be passing my details on to the accounts team (who incidentally I thought I was speaking to as this was the option that I chose) and they would contact me within the hour as there was more of a credit that could only be done by them as the bill was such a mess, needless to say I sat around all afternoon waiting for the accounts team to contact me but that didn't happen, neither did the email that I was promised showing the initial £17.87 credit 

Plusnet can we please please get this sorted out as between this, the lack of router at the begining of my contract and slow internet speeds I am at my wits end with it all and I have only been with you for a month or so, should this not be rectified on Monday I have a good mind to raise a formal complaint and take my custom elsewhere, seriously at the moment my experience of joining you has not been what I expected or what you advertise

Thanks 

Peter 

9 REPLIES 9
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: December bill overcharge

Hello @Peterw058 

I am deeply sorry to hear about the manner your query was dealt with yesterday on phone and for the issues you have had with your bill.

I have looked into your account and responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

Peterw058
Dabbler

Hi Dumbledore

Many thanks for your reply and for taking the time to explain the incorrect charges, I have followed the link supplied in the ticket & the bill still shows the incorrect amount, I'm assuming that it may take some time to be updated however can you confirm that it will be the revised amount that will be collected this month please? I fear that if this isn't the case and a credit is put onto my account again the same issue will arise with the next bill and the account will never be correct

Thanks again & Regards

Peter

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Peterw058

Thanks for getting back in touch about your invoice.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

- Warwick

Peterw058
Dabbler

Plusnet! Can someone please get in touch with me ASAP

I have received an email today stating that you have been unable to collect a payment of £16.78 which was due on the 14th December, firstly i do not have an amount of £16.78 outstanding, my payments are not due to be taken on the 14th of the month and you have had no problems in the past collecting from the Direct Debit which was set up at the start of my contract & i can assure you that there are sufficient funds available

This really is now the final straw especially as you are threatening to stop my service, I mean can you imagine the uproar that this would create for the kids over Christmas

Please get in touch ASAP to resolve this issue, we can then discuss early termination as I have had nothing but problems since joining approx six weeks ago, no router initially dispatched, poor speeds, router replaced, speeds still poor, December bill over charge and now this 

Thanks 

Peter 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see this, I can confirm what you mentioned does relate to what we've mentioned on ticket 185615212 and that does appear to be correct. We would need to advise giving us a call. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Peterw058
Dabbler

HI Adam Walker

I have just called and no one was able to tell me what the outstanding amount related to! I had worked out that you have deducted the £25 credit now from the December account despite me previously being informed that this would not happen!! While on the phone with your billing team they informed me that they couldn't do anything so I would need to speak to a Manager, when transferred to Daniel the Team Leader he informed me that I would need to speak with the billing team who had just transferred me to him as he couldn't do or see anything on my file. When I made inquiries about leaving Plusnet Daniel told me that I would have to pay an early exit fee despite all of the issues with speed, I explained that my call was not just about the speed issues but about the whole service received since joining Plusnet, again he told me there was nothing that he could do so I advised that I would take up this case with Ofcom and asked for their details, I was told that Plusnet don't have the details I would need to Google it, it is my understanding that the supplier is duty bound to offer these details!!!! 

I have just checked with my bank again and it appears that the direct debit in place has never been drawn against, therefore to collect last months payment I can only assume that you have used the card details which were submitted when I placed my original order!!! This needs to get sorted ASAP

I have made payment online for the £16.78 that was outstanding as I do not want what service that I do have interrupting any further but I can not continue any longer with all of these issues

One of the main reasons I joined Plusnet was due to the award winning customer service, this I am afraid to say has not been my experience

I apologize for airing my views on a open forum however when ever I call nothing gets resolved just made worse!!!!!

Thanks 

Peter 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us Peter, I'm really sorry for the poor experience on the call. We confirmed the credit against your bill a few days ago, here's a direct link to the ticket in case you've not been able to check that https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185615212

Thanks very much for making the outstanding payment 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Peterw058
Dabbler

Hi Adam Walker

Thanks, I was told on the phone that the credit would be applied to the next bill

What is happening now with the direct debit, has it been sorted out or am I going to have to make manual payments again in the future?

Thanks

Pete.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I've just added a further update to the support ticket which should hopefully clarify the issue with the direct debit and the best thing to do going forward. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team