Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceased customer - remaining spouse sign up as new customer

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Deceased customer - remaining spouse sign up as new customer

My parents house is supplied by PlusNet (Unlimited broadband + Anytime calls).  Sadly my father has recently passed away and I need to sort the phone and broadband account out for them.

My father was the account holder and he was out of contract.  To be frank I need to save my mother money, and she would like to stay with PlusNet - is it possible to sign up her up as a new customer and take over the line ?  If not I am afraid I am going to have to sign her up as a new customer with another ISP.

Ideally I would also like to do this online to avoid the upset of her talking to people at this difficult time.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mike

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Deceased customer - remaining spouse sign up as new customer

Hi @flanzm, thank you for getting in touch. Please accept my sincerest condolences for the recent loss of your Father.

You would be able to set up a new account account online however, if you were to do this you would be given a new landline number..

Though I fully appreciate that your Mother would not like to speak with us at such a difficult time, to be honest the easier option would be to transfer the existing account into her name. You would be able to call on her behalf, though we would briefly need to speak with her to seek permission & she could then pass you back on the phone to arrange the transfer of details.

I would be happy to give you a call to do this should you wish, if you could send me a PM with the contact number and a suitable time. Once the account is in her name you would be able to change the package through the member centre or could speak with our Customer Options Team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team