Debt collection threat

Shameful behaviour
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Debt collection threat

Whilst one understands your sentiment, this needs to be directed at PN's sub-contractors - big bad BT Wholesale.  It is they who raise the cancelation charge.  I guess you'd not notice if PN factored in this cost over the life of your contract by making a higher monthly charge?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cajef
Grafter

Absolutely pointless poll as it is a charge all ISP's have to pay BT for disconnecting, Plusnet are only passing it on to the customer how can that be profit driven. Roll_eyes
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You were notified of the change to the contract and allowed to cancel your contract at the time for free because it was a detrimental change.
You chose not to do so and thereby accepted the changed contract. You have no valid grounds for complaint whatsoever.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Devonian
Grafter

I think the OP is more annoyed at having spent 7 years as a loyal customer, he has been charged a small sum, that could be waived as a good will gesture, to entice him back in the future.
Mav
Fixes: 515

The poll is skewed by its bias, therefore, I have not voted.
I understand the OP's frustration but it does pay to note any changes to the T & C no matter how boring they are to read!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

It's worth noting that we pay more than £25 to Wholesale - we're not passing on the full fee.