cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt collection threat over billing error!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Re: Debt collection threat over billing error!

Hello @dragon-68,

I am deeply sadden fore the experience they have and and we are truly sorry for the undue stress this has caused them.

I understand that you have advised that its not a complex issue, however I do need ensure that all the correct actions have been taken to resolve the issue.

After I have done I would happy to address the other points raised via the account. I will personally update the account tomorrow after I have reviewed the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dragon-68
Dabbler

Good evening SammyM,

I have calmed down somewhat from yesterday, having your mother in tears twice in the same day did not put me in the best of places, so please excuse my personal frustration, which is clearly showing through in my posts, none of which is aimed at any person.  All the pnet staff I have spoken to or dealt with have been fine, it is just most seem powerless to do anything and most conversations end with an apology for situation, quickly followed by "the problem is once in the system we can't stop it"

I can assure you with all sincerity, I am appreciative of anything you can do a help resolve this matter.  "thankyou"   

If you do require anything further from me as i am acting on behalf of my mother (parents) please do not hesitate to ask.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @dragon-68,

I absolutely understand your frustration and can see that this is a muddle, which is causing unnecessary undue stress for you as well as your parents.

In order for me to to address your points and bring this overall experience to a close, I will need to speak with my billing team which I will do tomorrow.

I will thoroughly investigate this with the coming to a resolution with pints 1 and 2. I will also discuss the last point with my manager so that I can address this for you also.

As it will be account specific, I will respond by the account its self.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

If the coding for the billing system is written as badly as the last post, no wonder we have problems.

How can we have confidence when staff don't bother reading their posts.

I will thoroughly investigate this with the coming to a resolution with pints 1 and 2.

2 pints of best Tetley bitter for me, thanks.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Anon

Please accept my apologies for the typos in the above post. 

If the coding for the billing system is written as badly as the last post, no wonder we have problems.

How can we have confidence when staff don't bother reading their posts.

I can assure you that Sammy is more than competent in her role, and knows what needs to be done in order to get this issue resolved for OP. 

Unfortunately, human error can sometimes happen when typing out our responses - but I understand where you are coming from with your post and will highlight your worries appropriately. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Anon
Pro

@dragon-68 wrote:

Good evening SammyM,

I have calmed down somewhat from yesterday, having your mother in tears twice in the same day did not put me in the best of places, so please excuse my personal frustration, which is clearly showing through in my posts, none of which is aimed at any person.  All the pnet staff I have spoken to or dealt with have been fine, it is just most seem powerless to do anything and most conversations end with an apology for situation, quickly followed by "the problem is once in the system we can't stop it"

I can assure you with all sincerity, I am appreciative of anything you can do a help resolve this matter.  "thankyou"   

If you do require anything further from me as i am acting on behalf of my mother (parents) please do not hesitate to ask.

Have you reported them to OFCOM?

dragon-68
Dabbler

and so it continues................  plusnet continue to hound & harass my elderly parents for money not owed. 

On the one hand they receive debt collection threats and account closure notices, the cause being plusnet's incompetence for billing my parents 3 times for a single line rental saver plan.

Then we receive apologies (from the staff only) and more emails stating it is a mistake nothing is owed, the account is cleared, we got offered a puny refund £8 from plusnet and assurance the DCA will not be contacted.

We had the phone line disconnected, then after a phone call reconnected all in the same day, then finally disconnected permanently on Christmas eve.

Despite not having a phone connected, my mother continues to receive texts and emails stating unless we pay the bill we will be cut off and the debt passed to the DCA.

At this point SammyM from plusnet got involved and has been exceptional in doing her best to resolve the issue, MANY THANKS SammyM.  Sadly your efforts are overshadowed by the ongoing issues and ineptness of the organisation you work for.

By now my mother is a 70 year old emotional wreck and even the mention of plusnet reduces her to tears, 2 visits to her GP in 4 days, my father at 72 is worried sick about her and just cannot understand how absolutely useless plusnet are managing to be.

Then to cap it all and lets get back to the point here! I access the account this evening, only to see a bill once again for the outstanding amount of line rental saver, plus an early termination fee and a failed payment fee. total £246.06.

Question plusnet "how long will it be before my parents are sent warning letters and more threats this will be passed to the DCA?"

This whole debacle can only be described as a nightmare.

Elderly and vulnerable parents with a phone disconnected on Christmas eve, emails threatening debt collection agencies and more bills stating my parents owe money WHICH THEY DO NOT.  

Furthermore Plusnet have once again restricted the account so I cannot even reply to the questions.

DO YOU PROUD!!!!  what a joke.

i say again

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @dragon-68

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you have had. I can see Sammy is currently monitoring this to ensure nothing further is sent incorrectly to debt recovery and she will continue to keep you updated via the open support ticket on the account that has also been sent via email for your own records.

I can see Sammy has attempted to be in contact today but the time was not convenient, just let us know on this post when you would like Sammy to call again and we can let her know.

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

How about being honest and changing staff name to "part of the Pnet UNhelpful team"

After all that they have the dam cheek to put this in their email

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Anon wrote:

How about being honest and changing staff name to "part of the Pnet UNhelpful team"

Do you really believe that? I mean the team bit.

I think the "Plusnet Help Team" is probably just one person posting in their spare time under a number of different forum aliases. All they do is post the same old apologies. Nothing actually seems to get done. Nothing is changed. It's just stalling while things chug along behind the scenes at the usually speed of dead slow.

One thing you can be sure of, if this forum is anything to go by, just when you think the appalling service can't get any worse it does.

Anon
Pro

I know there is more than one member, because they tell different stories and contradict each other.

And how can non-service get any worse?

And people willing pay for this rubbish.

If I were the op I would go to the police and report Pnet for harrassment, what they are doing to them is criminal IMO, as well as reporting them to OFCOM

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Anon wrote:

I know there is more than one member

Maybe two then.Smiley

I just don't get why a once reputable good company like plusnet is allowing this to happen.

As someone on this forum has said when things went wrong in their company with billing and the like they sat down and manually corrected things that they could like writing out refund cheques etc. Plusnet know these things are going wrong but there seems to be no proactive work to lessen the effect on suffering customers / ex customers. At least nothing that they are admitting to.

Anon
Pro

I can assure you that Sammy is more than competent in her role, and knows what needs to be done in order to get this issue resolved for OP. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

MoR, this was written 6 days ago and seemingly no change. Can you assure us that anyone has any idea of what to do to sort this out.

I understand that you have advised that its not a complex issue, however I do need ensure that all the correct actions have been taken to resolve the issue.

Seems to me the problem is that the machine has been set up so that noone can make any changes at all, so no way to do anything mannual. It will just cointinue like this forever. I doubt if it could be changed if Pnet were done by the police and driven out of business by OFCOM. The machine will still spew out invoices for anyone who ever had an account with pnet.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @dragon-68,

Thanks for getting back to me via a private message. I am dropping you this post to let you know I have responded requesting contact details for your self, as I am keen to get this resolved and your parents minds put to ease.

Please reply to my private message at your earliest convenience.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team