cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Recovery and Horrific Customer Service!!!

Annoyedcustomer

Debt Recovery and Horrific Customer Service!!!

Hi All, 

I just wanted to share with you my experience of Plusnet since I joined in October 2017.

Upon signing up to Plusnet I was promised speeds of 50MB+ and paid this for the duration of the contract until I was cut off after a number of issues due to plusnet's billing system and a direct debit issue.

Sadly I never recieved anywhere near these speeds the best i ever  was 20MGish!!!!!

After numerous phone calls and "techincal support" aswell as BT Engineer visits plusnet trotted out the old " we only guarantee speeds of 50MG via a cabled connection connecting to your router so there is nothing more we can do" line they give everyone.

Reluctantly I gave up and continued to pay for something I was not receiveng as I was bored repeating myself and spending 1hr 30 mins on the phone each time so just decided to suffer in silence. 

Then in May this year my direct debit suddenly started returning itself each month despite there being funds available.

I called plusnet and queried why this was happening but they said they didnt know and to contact my bank.

So I contact my bank and they tell me that the reason the direct is being returned is plusnet need to send a direct debit guarantee through to them for my direct debit to work correctly.

I then tell plusnet what they need to do.... they dont and the same thing happens again..... and again.... and again... and again...... despite me calling in to make manual payments each month and constantly reminding them.

Finally the payments lapse into two months arrears as to be quite frank I was bored ringing them to tell them to do their jobs properly....

I go on holiday for 17 nights and when I arrive back I have been cut off so I call to pay the two months and am told that as its been passed to debt collectors I can no longer pay them and instead have to wait for a letter from the debt collectors!!!!!!

I spoke to a Team leader called [CSA Removed] who intially said plusnet were not at fault but then went on to say she would pull the account back from debt recovery and allow me to pay the bill without any extra charges and turn my services back on........

I was promised a call back on the 30/10/18 but no call came....... i then called and chased the sitation on 31/10/18 and again was told she was unavailable and would call me back..... still no call.... 

Again today I am expecting a call from this so called team leader [CSA Removed] and still nothing...........

is there anyone at plusnet who actually does what they say they are going to do???????Huh

is there anyone who will sort this mess out???? I will be amazed if anyone does given my experience so far with plusnet so I wont hold my breath!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Annoyedcustomer

Re: Debt Recovery and Horrific Customer Service!!!

Just want to add that if I dont not have a resolution or response to this message within 24 hours I will be contacting Andy Baker himself and make him aware just how appaling the service or lack of is!!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Debt Recovery and Horrific Customer Service!!!

Hi @Annoyedcustomer, I am very sorry for the issues you have experienced with your account.

I have been advised by Amy that she has contacted you this morning and is still looking into this for you.

Once we have an update, we will be back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team