cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Prematurely Passed to Collection Agency

lancerhnj

Debt Prematurely Passed to Collection Agency

I received an email on the 21st of April stating that I had 14 days to pay my final bill as they were unable to collect the £15.09 via the usual direct debit. I called the payments team today "between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday" to settle the outstanding balance only to be told the debt has already been passed on to the debt collection agency and I would need to deal with them along with any additional admin fees. 

I am still within the 14-day limit, and given that your payments team is closed on the weekends I assume the email should have read I have 11 days to settle the bill. 

Given that I have been a plusnet customer for the past two years I find this kind of treatment incredibly disappointing. Anything that can be done to rectify this matter would be appreciated, but I have no problem raising more of a fuss if necessary. 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Debt Prematurely Passed to Collection Agency

I know that things are very tight for some people at the moment but you must admit that leaving it until day 14 is a bit last minute.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

lancerhnj

I left it until the 1st, when I couldn't get through on the phone lines. I tried again on the 4th as they are closed on weekends. I do find your propensity to defend the admin mistakes of a multimillion-pound broadband company strange.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

I was not defending Plusnet, just stating a fact.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @lancerhnj, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry that the owed amount has been passed to a debt collections agency and for any inconvenience this may have caused. I've looked into this for you and although there's nothing I can do in regards to pulling the amount back there is certainly something I wish to do to help. I've raised a ticket on your account with my proposed action which can be seen here.
I hope this helps.