Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear mods: I want to upgrade my package to fibre, but the option is missing

julhaz1
Dabbler

Dear mods: I want to upgrade my package to fibre, but the option is missing

I signed up for broadband unlimited last april @ £9.99
After finishing my contract, i decided I wanted to upgrade to Fibre so i called up the sales line and told them i wanted to upgrade my package, the chap on the line told me my estimated speed was 77.5 mb approx down and 19mb up.
He then told me that the option to upgrade my account is missing on his end and i should try via the website. So i logged into member centre, clicked on "change product" and sure enough, I am not allowed to upgrade to fibre, the option is missing. only option i have is the downgrade option.
Can anyone help me? This is pretty weird.
7 REPLIES 7
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Dear mods: I want to upgrade my package to fibre, but the option is missing

What does the 'official' BT availability checker give for your telephone number?
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
julhaz1
Dabbler

not sure how that's going to help
Spider
Grafter

That confirms that the cabinet your telephone is connected to as been upgraded to fibre. If it as only just had fibre installed it could be that Plusnets systems haven't updated yet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

just a note to say mods aren't employees of PN, but customers like yourself - we have no ability to see customer information or change accounts Smiley
as others have suggested you need to see if BT are serving fibre from your cabinet and using that link is the best way to get that information.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

that should be fixed. you should now be able to upgrade to Fibre via the Product Change tool through our website.
julhaz1
Dabbler

Thank you chris, it has now updated, but curiously the upload speeds are now estimated to be 10mb, which is odd.
when i spoke on the phone previously, the estimated upload speed was 17mb on an impacted line or 19 on a clean line. As you can see above.
Being a Plusnet customer, i was a bit wary of signing an 18 month contract based on the estimated speeds, He assured me that if the speeds were 10% under the estimated speed, I would trigger a clause that allows me to cancel the contract.
Now 10mb is approximately 50% lower already. a further 10%, say 9mb would trigger that clause.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi julhaz1,
Can you please PM me your landline number? I want to ensure that the checker is reading the details from the correct number!