cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of JL Broadband Closure?

WingNut
Hooked

Date of JL Broadband Closure?

Anyone know a date by when JL Broadband will be finally shutdown?,and wlIl I be automatically moved to Plusnet, including phone with no number change?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

Re: Date of JL Broadband Closure?

@WingNut 

I have no idea when JL broadband will cease but this was discussed in your other topic 2 weeks ago. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Move-from-JL-Broadband-to-Plusnet/m-p/1938373#M29882

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

WingNut
Hooked

I asked this question because the order (and contract) with BT to transfer from Plusnet was cancelled .... by Openreach.  The order has been resubmitted, but why did Openreach cancel the first? They nor BT have given a reason so can I expect the new contract to also be cancelled? Who knows!

On reading many posts related to FTTP and FTTC, under the new regime of POTS closure, it seem to me that this has not been thought through. Perhaps one example of this is demonstrated by Plusnet being unable to offer Digital Voice alongside Fibre Broadband. This means that existing Plusnet customers are effectively being abandoned. RIP.

David

Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

I asked this question because the order (and contract) with BT to transfer from Plusnet was cancelled .... by Openreach.  The order has been resubmitted, but why did Openreach cancel the first? They nor BT have given a reason so can I expect the new contract to also be cancelled? Who knows!

This is one for BT to answer.

...under the new regime of POTS closure, it seem to me that this has not been thought through...

It has been thought through by BT Residential, who own the BT, EE and Plusnet labelled ISPs. They have made the decision to turn Plusnet into a 'broadband' (a loose term encompassing FTTP and FTTC) only supplier. They also provide a path for Plusnet customers to easily transfer to one of the others in the group. It was a long time ago now but in the past they provided an easy route from JL to Plusnet before the capability to transfer your phone to the old analog PSTN network was withdrawn.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

WingNut
Hooked

Well, as a customer it doesn't appear to have been thought through, and I dispute that transfer has been made easy when my contract with BT was cancelled without reason.

It seems that Openreach are actually the arbiters of what can be provided and the likes of Plusnet,  BT and others that use their network are just bit players.

I can understand why Plusnet are. being turned into a broadband only supplier, but that does"t help many  existing customers that also want a phone service particularly when their parent company doesn't play ball.

David