cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage not reset after billing?

rowler
Grafter

Data usage not reset after billing?

I have been paying monthly bills usually form the 4th of the month to the 4th of the next, give or take a day or two.
However this bill period is listed as Mar 04 2010 - Apr 27 2010. 
However I was billed on the 8th of April,  here is a copy from my online banking statement
8 Apr 2010 D/D PLUSNET PLC - 5.99
I am over my 10 gig usage and have now been charged x2 and am close to being charged again for more gigs use.
Why then, if I have paid this month has my data useage not been reset since 4th March?  And why am I being charge bolt ons after bolt on?
Sorry If the answer is obvious but I can't see it, seems to be I'm slightly being screwed over.
14 REPLIES 14
severedsolo
Grafter

Re: Data usage not reset after billing?

have just spoken to someone in the CSC about exactly the same thing, he said its a known issue should be fixed in a couple of days and I won't be charged if i go over the limit due to their mess up, hope it helps
rowler
Grafter

Quote from: severedsolo
have just spoken to someone in the CSC about exactly the same thing, he said its a known issue should be fixed in a couple of days and I won't be charged if i go over the limit due to their mess up, hope it helps

Ok thanks for this info m8!  Has put my mind at rest a bit, but hope someone will be able to confirm this for my case specifically!
severedsolo
Grafter

mine seems to be fixed now, has yours sorted itself out rowler?
rowler
Grafter

Nope and infact I'm now being told my next bill date is due on 28/04/2010 which is a week early?  My data usage is still from last months bill and I'm going to be charged again only 20 days after my last payment...very odd?!
jim:quote
rowler
Grafter

2 Days later and still no info?  I guess I'm going to have to sit on hold for 30mins to get a reply
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you ring at the present time you will probably find the waiting time is trivial.
David
rowler
Grafter

Great thanks, I'll bear in mind the most helpful thing I've been told is to ring customer services at 1am.
Sterling job.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rowler,
Sorry about this, both for it happening and that it's taken a while to pick up. I'm chasing this now for you and hope to get you an update very soon.
I can assure you that we'll make sure you're refunded for any usage you shouldn't have been charged for as a result of this.
rowler
Grafter

Thanks for looking into this Matt, you've helped me before so I'm sure you will again!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to - it's been reset, sorry about that. There's also a £9 charge for extra usage, I'll refund this for you now from past invoices (though it'll be taken on your next billing date the refunds should be back in your account by then).
rowler
Grafter

Thanks a lot!  Much appreciated.
Scoobie

My bill comes through on the 15/16th of every month, but I've noticed that my Usage Checker isn't available for the last two days now.
It says:
You don't have any usage data to show right now.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing month.
It can take up to 2 hours for your usage to show up - please check again later.

As my billing month would be 16th of April, and this is the 28th, I'm not seeing any data for the past 12 days.
Scoobie

Ha-ha. Not working for the last two days from when I noticed, probably not worked from the bill date, but guess what?
Working now.
This Community Forum must work, eh?
(even if it started working all by itself, thanks anyway Plusnet team)
Mand
Grafter

Must be magic. Wink