cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage frozen

flyboy78
Dabbler

Data usage frozen

Just noticed that my data usage graph has been frozen since sometime midway through yesterday (Saturday) So far my usage of Netflix over the course of today has amounted to a respectable 0kbs! I recently upgraded to Unlimited but I still like to keep an eye on what I'm using, y'know, so I know I'm being a model customer. This is the first time this has happened. Help! 😛
25 REPLIES 25
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Data usage frozen

I'm not seeing any usage showing today either, we'll have to wait and see to see if they recover it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
The_10th
Grafter

No Service Status updates either. They had this problem only very recently for about a week.
@flyboy78 - Have you noticed any change in the throttling of certain types of traffic since this problem has arisen? I have been told that the 'Unlimited' package has a condition that if you go over 80GB/mth for 3 months they can/will start to throttle back traffic.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Never heard of that.
I was on "Unlimited" for more than two and a half years and regularly went over 500GB and never noticed any slow down apart from the stated traffic shaping.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The 10th, where did you hear that? Agree with Mav, having been on unlimited they never throttled, aside from advertised limits, whatever my usage.
Still no usage showing today either.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no trouble with my low usage
  09 Fri 10 Sat 11 Sun 12 Mon 13 Tue 14 Wed 15 Thu Total
Allowance Used 223MB 204.33MB 0KB - - - - 427.34MB
Overnight Usage 238.1MB 43.54MB 69.52MB - - - - 351.16MB
Total 461.1MB 247.87MB 69.52MB - - - - 778.5MB
flyboy78
Dabbler

Quote from: The
No Service Status updates either. They had this problem only very recently for about a week.
@flyboy78 - Have you noticed any change in the throttling of certain types of traffic since this problem has arisen? I have been told that the 'Unlimited' package has a condition that if you go over 80GB/mth for 3 months they can/will start to throttle back traffic.

No problem no, but then I've only been on Unlimited for less than a week anyway. And Mav and Pierre, I hope you're right. I'd like to think that for paying nearly twice the rate of Pro, I'd be able to go significantly higher than the 60gb of the aforementioned and not get penalised. Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi flyboy78,
Thank you for making us aware of this issue, I am having this looked into now, I'll let you know of any updates on here for you and any others who may have been affected.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to let you know, an internal problem has now been raised. Please let us know if you notice any changes to your usage.
Thanks again Smiley
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: dvorak
The 10th, where did you hear that? Agree with Mav, having been on unlimited they never throttled, aside from advertised limits, whatever my usage.
Still no usage showing today either.

Customer Options team member. It took me a little by surprise but wonder what and the level of throttling - maybe not enough to notice depending upon the applications. Could also be a 'new' idea but only PN can shed anymore light on this.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That sounds more like the Premium account type, it could be that the COT agent you talked to was confusing the two?
The_10th
Grafter

Was wondering that too just thinking about it but didn't know if there was an excess charge for the premium account type - just knew of the 80GB limit. Glad to see then this isn't the case  Smiley
Any more mutterings about the product refresh Matt?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all, glad to say the usage display issue is now resolved and everything should have caught up - please let us know if not.
@The 10th - nothing we can talk about I'm afraid, sorry about that.
Simon_M
Grafter

Matt - mine hasn't.
Tkt 52980617 refers to problem 69949. Is this the same thing?
See also this forum post.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Simon M,
The problem we were referring to is Problem: 70661.
Sorry for any confusion there. The two problems were of similar nature however.