cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage error AGAIN

pmaben

Data usage error AGAIN

Yet again after last weeks debacle on 17 Feb, I have been advised incorrectly on my data usage.
2 GB used so far this month but email says I have used over 15GB.
Come on Plusnet once is enough!
19 REPLIES 19
Joshc
Grafter

Re: Data usage error AGAIN

Hey,
Its a ongoing problem that we are looking to resolve, I would like to reiterate that you will not get charged for the over usage errors.
Smiley
pmaben

PlusNet Status Update – 18/02/2015 @ 14:58
The underlying problem which caused this issue has been identified and resolved.
So why issue the above status report on data useage errors if the problem hasn't been resolved???????
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've checked the account for you and everything appears to be collating correctly again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jayweaver

Hi I'm new to this, all I wanted to do was send you an email saying I thought an apology would be nice for the angst caused by receiving 4 emails telling me I'd exceeded my limit 4 TIMES! It put the wind up me to be honest. An apology email would have been very welcome.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We don't tend to send Email's out about problems when a proportion of the customer based experience problems. Instead we enter details, and our apologies, on the Service status pages.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Jorvik
Grafter

Only a related note, "View my usage" shows 0KB usage on our connection each day since last Thursday. It's an unlimited fibre account so no big deal, I'm guessing there's just a gremlin in the system.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Sorry for the delay in responding. There was an issue earlier in the week which has now been resolved. This was caused by overnight maintenance. Usage should now be displaying as normal. 
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
christmas
Aspiring Pro

How reliable is the usage allowance data?
Last week it showed 0 for one day, which I don't believe to be correct.
Usage for yesterday shows a whopping 1.1Gb!! Our daily average is usually around 300Mb as we have a limited monthly allowance of 10Gb.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's generally very reliable.
There was an issue on the 17th/18th Feb which we corrected and last week we performed some maintenance which meant that usage for 1 day was set to 0.
If you like I can try and pin down what time of day that usage occurred if that'd help?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Hello,
If you wouldn't mind checking, already at 600Mb for today, almost 4gB since the 4 March, gulp!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@christmas I don't think you've got much to worry about to be honest. There are a number of updates which can increase usage though which is worth considering.
If you only use one computer, you may want to look at software like this (https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/) which can monitor the connection for usage.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JayLaFunk
Dabbler

I'm having the same problems as the OP, been in touch with chat but just keep getting fobbed of that everything is correct, when I switched on my laptop the other day, it showed that I had used over 100mb when no other device had been turned on, today was 70mb so I did a test, when it had jumped up to 103mb,  I turned off my laptop for 2 hrs with nothing running, I then turned on again and went straight to my usage, previous as earlier stated 103mb, when I turned on again it had jumped up to 302mb, this can't be right.
I have downloaded that link for Networkx a few days ago and as my laptop is the only device I use for connecting to the internet, it shows vastly different usage for what PlusNet say i have used.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you try turning your router off, does any usage still appear?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JayLaFunk
Dabbler

Hi,
I will try turning off the PlusNet router completely for about 30 mins to try it, I will check my figure on the web usage page and then see if there is any difference in the figure when I switch back on, will get back to you.