cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data protection

jackbenham

Data protection

I don't have access to my Plusnet email as I have forgotten my password, I can't pass data protection over the phone as I don't know my password, and I can't reset my password, as the email address the password reset link goes to needs the password to access it. I was told over the phone a letter could not be sent to my address that would give me password details or information that would get me through DP over the phone. Can a staff member please advise of what I can do
2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Data protection

If it's the default Plusnet email address such as <username>@<username>.plus.com then the log in password is the same as that used to log into the Member Centre as well as entered into the router for internet access.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Data protection

Wouldn't that be the one that they'd want for security over the phone, so therefore must be the one that's been forgotten?

I thought (though this is going back to a discussion from a long time ago, so I may be misremembering), that they could go through other questions if you didn't know your password, though more details are needed, such as name address, details of payment method (account number/card number) and such like.  Things may have changed or I've missed some key detail that makes it not applicable, though I'd have thought others would be in the same situation at times.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.