cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limit on existing account

ParentalHelp

Data limit on existing account

I have an elderly disabled relative who historically has BT for phone & PlusNet for internet; it looks as if they are on a 1Gb/mth package! (£11?) but the Plusnet portal is not allowing access & they are just keeping paying by DD!

With ongoing lockdown I am trying to configure video (Skype/Facebook) for them but I think will need a higher data allowance.

Can someone confirm if the data limits on these historic style adsl accounts have been removed during the Covid crisis? (there was a posting saying that but no confirmation)

It will be easiest not to disturb anything by installing fibre/changing pone etc, so looking at knowing there is not a low limit or just altering the contract package.
I assume Plusnet has suitable provision in place to deal with these circumstances?  Could someone from PN message me as I've been unable to get through on the phone & your Chat just goes to a Bot!
Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Data limit on existing account

@ParentalHelp  Welcome to the forum.

If you follow this lik through it might give you a bir of background info.  https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Beware-anyone-currently-with-a-BT-line-on-Plusnet-Extra...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'