cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data breach

patti
Grafter

Data breach

Not sure if this is the right place to post this ... I checked my password manager this and it flagged up community@plusnet had a data breach 2 months ago. I changed my password  straight away and when I went back into Password manager it gave me an option to let them know if I had changed my password and if so to type the new one in which I did, it said it did not recognize it? Can anyone give me some feedback on this as I am a bit concerned now. I had a confirmation of a change of password back from Plusnet but in the past when I have opened my Plusnet account I have had to sign in for my account and then if I wanted to access the Community there was another sign in and password I had to use, so this morning, when I accessed The Community after signing in to the main page it took me straight there without a sign in? Sorry this is a bit long winded but It's a little worrying. Can someone please checkmy account?

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Data breach

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Data breach

Your account for the community forums is 100% separate to your actual account. It just sounds like your device has remembered your password and auto-logged you in to the site.