Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad's line should have gone live on October 28th

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Dad's line should have gone live on October 28th

My Dad was transferring from the Post Office on the 28th, but phone and broadband are now cut off. When he rang in around the 28th, the router hadn't even been sent out and he is still waiting for it now. Not the start he was hoping for as an older, non tech savvy person and not the start I was hoping for having recommended him. I was hopeful that the posts I have seen recently on the forum about accounts not going live were the minority, seems my Dad is one of these minorities. Having been royally ripped off by the Post Office during a house move and being able to leave due to the price rise, he is worried he will now be charged the "new line" fee as well.

If a staff member could make contact please, I can give you his phone number and maybe someone can let him know what is going on? I have asked him to put me down as an authorised person on the account, but I doubt he will get around to doing that.

Thanks

Mark

10 REPLIES 10
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Re: Dad's line should have gone live on October 28th

Any chance a staff member can make contact please? almost 24 hours since posting in here and my Dad has heard nothing from PN either.

Mark

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Is it really too much to ask for a PN staff member to make contact? I don't want to pull the older person, vulnerable, non tech savvy card, but I am now. All my Dad wants to know is what is happening to his transfer in. All I am asking is for someone to contact me so I can give you his phone number, so you can look at what isn't happening and let him know. He has no landline or internet at the moment and is relying on sms!

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,478

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry for the issues with your Dad's order.

Could you drop me a PM with his account username or landline number so I can look into this?

Also if your Dad has any medical conditions, careline pendant and/or doesn't have a mobile phone could you also include details in the PM? This would assist us in raising a welfare case if we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

It took posting on here, Facebook and Twitter to get a response and now I have had 2, for which I am grateful. Adam is taking responsibility for this now thank you Gandalf. My Dad has pretty poor mobile reception where he is now living, but hopefully now, he will be told what is happening and how soon he will be back in the "real world".

Mark

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

So Dad now has phone as he has just called me. Not sure if it is a coincidence that I posted, or if it would have happened anyway as still no- one has made contact with him to explain what is happening/ happened 🙄. He is going to see if the internet is working tomorrow as it is too late for him now, so fingers crossed 🤞

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 175

Hi Mark, no coincidence Smiley I picked it up but haven't been able to make contact with him when trying. I'm glad that's all sorted, I'll try making contact again tomorrow but please drop me a PM if there's anything you need from me in the meantime. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Okay, he now appears to be online now. Not sure what the issue was, but if you could let him know why there was a problem. If you can't get hold of him by phone, his sign up email would have been his gmail address, if you could drop him a line there with an explanation. Hopefully he won't be incurring any extra charges due to the late activation/ problems.

Thank you for intervening.

Mark

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Thanks Mark,

Sounds like there were a few problems along the way but it has been fixed now.

There could well have been a fault, which was fixed and may have taken a bit longer than it would usually have done for someone to fix it.

I get PlusNet e-mails to my own domain, for example:

Your bill is ready to view:

Alexander Hunt <my personal e-mail address>; postmaster@myplusnetusername.plus.com

So anything sent to your dad's account name will also go to you:

Just checked - so login to the member centre 'Manage Account' then 'View/Edit account details'. Then change the e-mail to yours. You can then always log into the PlusNet mailbox using your details and checking the webmail from there.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

the line was only activated 2 months ago when he moved in, so I would hope it wasn't a fault! He moved from the PO because of a price hike, a bit of a beggar for him as they had royally screwed him over when he moved. He took advantage of the penalty free clause.

It was more the fact no-one contacted him to let him know what was going on which was the frustrating bit. His phone wasn't using mobile data, so he had no access to any internet at all as he doesn't know how to turn it on, therefore contacting by mobile was the only option.

Not sure he has a PN mailbox, (I don't) as he would have used his gmail address. Still everything appears to be working (or it was last night), I have heard no more from him yet.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Just to bring this to an end. My Dad received an email from Adam yesterday, mobile reception isn't the best where he lives so it is difficult to get in touch. Pleased to say all is working as should. Thank you Adam for making contact, but it is a shame I had to post on 3 different medias to get a response. Hopefully all will be plain sailing from now.

Mark