cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dabs voucher incentive...

francesam
Dabbler

referrals

my daughter joined plusnet when i recommended it to her. At the time there was an m&s voucher for both of us (£20 I think ) advertised. She did give my email as i had referred her and is up and running. She has had an email to say her voucher is on it's way but i have received nothing and when I go into my referrals it states £0. What has gone wrong here and where is my voucher? Cry
James
Grafter

Re: Dabs voucher incentive...

Chris - You should shortly be receiving an email.
Chrism2
Grafter

Re: referrals

My understanding, from the conversation I had with PlusNet today, is that they have issues with their voucher incentive program. I'm awaiting a response tomorrow myself, but essentially we have a similar problem.
Vouchers do not show on your referral value, so you won't find it there. The fact your daughter got an email is some help though. In lieu of someone picking it up from here, I'd suggest you open a ticket.
I will mention your post to the person I'm dealing with tomorrow, though. (Strength in numbers n' all that).
francesam
Dabbler

what is a ticket?  Embarrassed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Plusnet have a support system which includes 'questions' which most people here call tickets.
You may wish to go here and ask about your referral problem https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22365&wizard_id=38
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
francesam
Dabbler

thank you so much for that
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

francesam,
I've just checked your account and can seed the query you raised. I'll try and get this some priority for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrism2
Grafter

James / Mand / Adam.
I am still not convinced. I spoke at length to James last week - and still I have no vouchers.
A recorded delivery from Thursday and a Special Deliver from Friday should be with me by now. I'm prepared to accept Royal Mail is to blame - but only if you can provide tracking numbers - which if you used SD - you will have.
I think that's reasonable to ask given the number of times you have told me vouchers have been sent only for me to be told that this isn't true.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chrism2,
Having checked the tickets on your account it looks like the tracking number has been passed on to you and the majority of your vouchers have now arrived, please let us know if you're still waiting for the remainder and we'll chase them up for you. Sorry for the delay on this.
francesam
Dabbler

Thank you so much for your help, I have had word that my vouchers are on the way Smiley
webwisehost
Grafter

Referal vouchers

I signed up to Plusnet at the beginning of November, on the recomendation of my father, and as part of the M&S voucher offer.  According to the PN terms for this offer, I should have received email notification of the vouchers 30 days after I signed up, which would have been last Friday.
When nothing arrived on Friday, or over the weekend, I raid a ticket on Monday.  There was no answer after 3 days (yesterday) so I called, only to be told that the query could not be dealt with on the phone!  The CS rep said that he would forward the ticket to the correct department (why wasn't that done initially and without prompting), and that they should be able to reply quickly.  He added a note to the ticket, but there is still no response.
The original promotion used the phrase "and you'll even have them in time for Xmas", but this is looking highly unlikely at the moment.
I'd telephone again, but having been told that it can't be dealt with by phone, which seems very strange and not very good support, there seems little point in doing this.
How do I get this looked into?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Referal vouchers

Point out that if you don't have them in time for Christmas you will be contacting Trading Standards.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chrism2
Grafter

Re: Referal vouchers

Plusnet, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
I've posted a number of times about this topic and spoken to a number of Plusnet employees about this.
It took months for me to sort (to an extent) the issues I had following being sue £100 of Dabs Vouchers and £25 of M&S vouchers. In the end, after much work by myself, I received £125 of M&S vouchers (I've been promised another £25). I'm damn tempted to post the response by James Bailey so you can see what you are up against. James did, to his credit, give me a result, but it'll take you quite a bit to get there.
Basically, from what I understand, Plusnet, at one point, were sending these vouchers themselves. This has been an unmitigated foul up - so their answer has been to put M&S in charge of sending out the vouchers. When I spoke to James the other day "they had no vouchers in stock". If you, or anyone else, was banking on referral vouchers before Christmas, then I suspect you're bang out of luck. I reckon that's bang out of order.
Personally, I've been lied to, misled and mucked about something very special over quite a few months. What's even more galling is this morning I got an email telling me I'd been entered into a free draw for yet more M&S vouchers.
I agree with the sentiment that part of the incentive was that these vouchers would be available for Christmas and by not getting them out, Plusnet have reneged on an agreement.  It's actually a shame Watchdog is off air at the moment, because I suspect they'd love a story like this, especially given the mass advertising campaign Plusnet is bankrolling at the moment.
To make matters worse, Plusnet haven't paid my referral bonus this month.
My suggestion is that you try and get hold of James. (If they don't get to you first).
Plusnet. Stop arseing about with vouchers you can't get when it comes to pay-out and simply give us bonus payments. A £20 bonus is worth more than a £40 voucher we'll never see.
Chrism2
Grafter

Be careful. I've been given this line on many, many occasions. And I do not exaggerate.
Get tracking numbers.
Chrism2
Grafter

I did get the £125 via Special Delivery this week.
£25 still remain.