cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD not working - Draconian Plusnet at its best!!!

gazza66

DD not working - Draconian Plusnet at its best!!!

Ok, I get an email from Plusnet to say my direct debit has failed and to make alternative payment within 14 days.

The day after I get a text to say that my payment is overdue and services will be limited???

Hold on, yesterday I had 14 days to sort this out ( not that I should have to as its not my problem) and now its overdue.

I logged into my account and resubmitted the DD information which are the same details as Plusnet already hold and was met with a screen saying this will take 5 days to be arranged with my bank.

I am now getting no access to the Plusnet site so I can have a chat with someone to sort this (again, not that I should have to sort this) The only access I can get is a payment page saying I have to pay and that I may be charged twice if I pay by card and then the DD gets taken too!!! Oh, there is also late fees to pay......all because something else has gone wrong at plusnet which is nothing to do with me.

Can someone please contact me to sort this out seeing as though plusnet are making it impossible for me to contact them.

I'm getting fed up with plusnet getting it wrong then demanding demanding demanding.

The deal I signed up to was to pay by DD and that's how I still wish to pay.

Please contact me to tell me at least if the DD has been set up successfully .

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DD not working - Draconian Plusnet at its best!!!

Hi, 

The quickest way to sort it out is by phone, I phoned at 9.30 am and got through quite quickly, 

Chris 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @gazza66 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your payments. I've checked your account and I can't see where we've advised that we've applied restrictions or limited your broadband service. As you've rightfully said, when a payment fails we give you an automatic grace period of 14 days before applying any restrictions to your service.

We are however aware that the payment reminders you should get on days 1, 5 and 10 of failed billing aren't always working which means you may not be able to bypass the soft interruptions we apply but if you contact us we'd be happy to remove the interruption for you on your behalf.

I can see this should be sorted now and your direct debit should be activated in due course before your next bill.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gazza66

Another email from plusnet today........

Apparently the DD instruction sent by Plusnet earlier this week to my bank has failed. This is on top of the original DD which has been in place for a year or so.

What now? is it the bank or plusnet?

*sigh*

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @gazza66 

Apologies for the confusion by the email you've received. I've double checked this with a colleague from our billing team and I can confirm that this is going through fine and it should activate on the 2nd.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gazza66

So can I have conformation please of what will be taken via DD in December?

Will it be the £29.98 fee for the following month?

As you will see from my account I have cleared what is owed (£118.04) within the 14 day grace period. I paid this by card.

Can you confirm also that this amount (£118.04) will not be taken again in December when the DD is activated?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @gazza66 

To go into more detail I've added a reply onto a support ticket you'd be able to view by going Here.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gazza66

Thanks for your replies.

Lets see what happens in December!

Gazza

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @gazza66

No problem. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet